£32000 - £35000 per annum
20 days ago
21 August 2022
£28,000 - £32,000 + bonus + excellent benefits
Yolk Recruitment is exclusively managing a new opportunity to join this leading specialist manufacturer as a Graduate Production Engineer, developing and improving systems and processes that reduce waste, improve productivity/output and support safety.
You’ll spend your first few months learning the business, process and people, initially guided towards project areas requiring data analysis and presenting your findings. With time and support your role will grow to determine your own areas of focus, finding solutions and growing your responsibilities to deliver. You’ll come to work with highly skilled and extremely motivated colleagues across Production, Process, Engineering, QA/QC and HSE, in a supportive but fast paced and sometimes demanding environment where you’ll be able to make a significant impact to the business and your career.
The business holds a unique position in an essential market, with a customer base that’s the envy of competitors and a strong record of achieving ambitious growth targets. Benefiting from a skilled and engaged workforce with high length of service they’re experts in their field and are continuing to invest in all areas of the business, creating this new role to continue to accelerate their trajectory. We’re looking for someone with drive and ambition, the desire and ability to solve problems and challenge the norm and communicate at all levels. You’ll need an understanding of lean manufacturing, problem solving and root cause analysis experience, and will likely be looking for an opportunity to make your mark in a business that will support you to do so.
This is what you’ll be doing as Graduate Production Engineer
- Analyse data to identify trends opportunities and solutions that support the delivery of production volume and quality objectives
- Own and deliver on safety objectives in a defined area
- With support, you’ll come to act as deputy to Production Manager carrying out enhanced responsibilities in their absence
- Implementing Manufacturing Excellence methodology such as 5S, performance management, root cause analysis, continuous improvement.
- Use MRP/ERP to analyse the flow of raw materials and consumables
- Participate in site audits and visits of customers, authorities and control authorities to the department.
- Optimizing water and energy consumption in in line with company targets.
- Provide regular explanations regarding the performance of the department (daily, weekly, monthly)
- Involved in a variety of projects, from concept to delivery.
- Main contacts with other internal departments: Production, Process, Engineering, QA / QC and HSE
- A degree in an engineering discipline
- Experience gained in a manufacturing/engineering setting is advantageous
- Able to communicate and influence at all levels
- Prepared to challenge existing processes and approach challenges with innovative thought
- £28,000 - £32,000 depending on experience
- 10% discretionary annual bonus
- 10% pension (4%’ee, 6%’er)
- Private healthcare
- Death in service benefit
- Corporate gym membership
- 33 days holiday (including bank holiday)
- Company sick pay scheme (26 weeks full/26 weeks 50% pay)
- Proven training and development, and career progression opportunities
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this Graduate Production Engineer role apply now.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.