£14.13 - £17.12 per hour
about 1 month ago
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit is working with a fast-growing organisation based in Cardiff to recruit for a Graphic Designer. This will be a full-time 3-month temporary position with the flexibility of being remote and a high chance of it being extended further due to the organisation being extremely busy.
Do you have a talent for creating innovative and high impact visual designs? Then we want to hear from you!
What the Graphic Designer will be doing
As a Graphic Designer you will be working with the Head of Communications for creating innovative and high impact visual designs – both online and offline - which enable the organisation to communicate their key messages and data findings effectively to a wide audience. These include reports, web designs, infographics, presentations and branded products.
- To play a key role in supporting a digital first approach to all the organisations outputs.
- Work in partnership with project teams, using their brief to produce designs which are built around users’ needs.
What the Graphic Designer will be responsible for
- Act as the liaison point between internal clients, external printers and Design organisations.
- Work flexibly as part of a multi-disciplinary team which encourages a culture of innovation.
- Manage and deliver design projects on time, within budget and to a high standard.
- Be the organisations brand guardian(s) in order to enhance reputation, ensuring the brand is used consistently across all products relating to the organisation including website, print, events and social media platforms.
Key result areas:
- Display comprehensive knowledge of how design decisions impact accessibility, internally and externally, and promote good practice around effective data storytelling.
- Contribute to the development and continual enhancement of designed products, horizon scanning for new techniques and developments which could be adopted or adapted for use at the organisation.
- To act as a role model for the values and behaviours of the organisation.
What the Graphic Designer will bring to the team
- Graphic Design degree or equivalent experience
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Good attention to detail and accuracy with a high standard of written English
- Proven type setting skills
- Ability to prioritise own workload to meet agreed deadlines
- Undergone Society of Editors and Proof readers (SfEP) training or commitment to learn
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, in particular word processing and formatting functions
- Demonstrate experience of working with InDesign, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator software package HTML and CSS.
Essential Personal Attributes:
- Use diplomacy and persuasion skills to encourage project teams to make good design decisions and identify practical solutions to problems.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Sufficient pace of work to ensure that tasks are completed to agreed budget, timetable and quality standards
- Works with a degree of autonomy and minimal supervision and is generally responsible for prioritising own workload, escalating matters to the Head of Communications as appropriate
- Able to develop and maintain positive and professional working relationships with both the organisations staff and external contacts.
- Works with authors and external publishing and design organisations to agree and advise on publication options and agree workable solutions, often in a time pressurised environment.
- Works productively with colleagues across the organisation to ensure the well-co-ordinated, efficient and effective delivery of the organisation’s publications.
- Able to communicate technical advice and information clearly when advising staff and external contacts about design matters and the organisations publications policies and procedures.
Up for the challenge?
If you think this vacancy sounds like you then please apply online or call Isobel Richards to discuss the role in confidence on 07458 160673
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team works with organisations across the UK to fulfil their recruitment needs and to achieve their D&I objectives. We recruit temporary, contract and permanent hires for 1 off specialist needs or for volume campaigns. We support our applicants to navigate the public sector recruitment processes and secure their dream jobs.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.