Depending on Experience
about 1 month ago
28 November 2020
Head of Care (Family Lawyer)
Cardiff Centre / Home working
An award winning, full service, high street law firm are looking for an experienced Care Lawyer to Head up their busy team in Cardiff. This firm promote a healthy work/ life balance, allow home working and flexible working post covid19 as they are set up to work remotely with ease.
This is what you’ll be doing
You will be dealing with a range of care matters, including Legal Aid and complex matters. You will be acting for parents in cases where their children have or may be removed from their care by Social Services.
Your duties will include (but not limited to):
- Liaising with social services
- Attending meetings and conferences with social services
- Assist on court cases and attend court
- Deal with a range of care orders from a supervision order, a placement order, a special guardianship order and adoption orders
- Dealing with legal aid applications
- Dealing with legal aid bills
- Deal with all bills on care files
- Overseeing the care team
- Management responsibilities
- Training junior members of the team
- Conducting your own advocacy
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- A qualified Solicitor or Legal Executive
- Care experience is essential (additional family experience will be considered but care work is essential in addition)
- Advocacy experience is essential
- A following of clients is desirable but not essential
- A child panel member is also essential.
What you’ll get in return
- An excellent salary depending on PQE and relevant management, panel and advocacy experience
- An excellent opportunity to establish a work, life balance
- Working for a highly reputable, long standing law firm with a family feel and culture
Are you up for the challenge?
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role - then please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions then please contact Sarah Castle at Yolk Recruitment on 02921673737.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.*