£65104 - £68357 per annum
02922 671 373
2 days ago
27 October 2021
Working for a large and modern public sector organisation, we are looking for a skilled Head of Data Management working remote. The Head of Data Management will be required to lead permeant Data Team, develop a Data Centre of excellence with the Chief Data Officer. The successful candidate will have experience in working with all levels and maturity of data management capabilities.
What the Head of Data Management will be doing
As Head of Data Management you will have experience in working with all levels and maturity of data management capabilities – where there are gaps, be able to develop those capabilities and align with current BAU and transformation outcomes.
The successful candidate will be expected to have excellent knowledge of data management including data governance, data architecture, master data management, data quality, data lifecycle management and reference data management. He or she will be passionate about data, how it can be exploited within the organisation to meet business objectives.
The successful candidate would also be required to upskill, train and provide guidance to junior data architects.
What the Head of Data Management will be responsible for
- Oversee the design of multiple data models and have a broad understanding of how each model fulfils the needs of the organisation and transformation programme
- Be accountable for the definition of the organisation’s data strategy in line with the corporate goals and vision to becoming a world leading IP services provider.
- Champion data architecture across the organisation, and set the standards and ways of working for the data architecture community
- Provide advice to project teams and oversee the management of the full data product life cycle
- Have responsibility for making sure that organisations systems are designed in accordance with the data architecture.
- Management of team leads and work to improve data management maturity within the team.
What the Head of Data Management will bring to the team
- Experience in using data tooling for Data Quality/MDM/Data governance.
- Experience /certification in the areas below would be highly desirable:
- Data Modelling (tooling & certification)
- Data management /data quality tooling experience
- Communication skills and Stakeholder management. Effective communication skills with stakeholders at all levels, can mediate between people and mend relationships, communicating with stakeholders at all levels.
- Data communication. Can turn complex data into clear, simple and actionable stories.
- Data governance. Ensures data governance supports changes to the organisational strategy and is implemented effectively across the organisation.
- Data innovation. You can identify areas of innovation in data tools and techniques.
- Data standards. Good understanding of where standards need to be set across an organisation and how to set the standards within an organisation. Review and give feedback on data policies and standards.
- Metadata management. Good understanding of how metadata repositories can support different areas of the business.
- Strategic thinking (data architecture). Leads the design and implementation of strategy, directing the evaluation of strategies and policies to ensure business requirements are being met.
- Reference Data and Master Data Management Understands the different types of data sets, ensure appropriate quality, storage and change control is in place for the different data sets.
Here’s what the Successful Head of Data Management will receive in return:
- A flexible working scheme which has no core hours and excellent opportunities for home, part-time and term-time working;
- A very generous pension scheme, with low employee contributions;
- Eligibility for special and office-wide bonus payments;
- Excellent development opportunities;
- Opportunities for secondments, both internal and external;
- Opportunities to join many civil-service clubs such as the Sports and Social Association, Motoring Club (CSMA), which provide numerous discounts to members
Up for the challenge?
If you think this vacancy sounds like you then please apply online or call Zoiya Saleem to discuss the role in confidence on 07458 163209
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team works with organisations across the UK to fulfil their recruitment needs and to achieve their D&I objectives. We recruit temporary, contract and permanent hires for 1 off specialist needs or for volume campaigns. We support our applicants to navigate the public sector recruitment processes and secure their dream jobs.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.