Above market average
14 days ago
04 August 2019
Salary < £80,000
Offices: Cardiff Bay + Newport
An innovative business in South Wales is looking for an experienced Commercial Solicitor to head up their legal operation. This is a not for profit organisation who’s objective is to help the UK economy grow. Due to significant and rapid growth, this business is looking for a strong Lawyer to support its commercial activity.
This is what you’ll be doing:
- Dealing with a range of commercial contracts (drafting and negotiating) including (but not limited to)
- R&D Collaborations
- Material transfer agreements
- Charitable funding and consortium agreements
- Dealing with Intellectual property
- Providing commercial and legal advice
- Minimise risk
- Instruct counsel where necessary
- Ensure that the business’ strategic aims and objectives are met.
The experience you’ll bring to the business:
- You will be an experienced Lawyer with experience in commercial contracts
- You will have a strong background either in private practise or in house
- Experience in IP law is desirable
- Strong academics
- Able to work as part of a team and autonomously
There’s also some must haves:
You must be entrepreneurial, resilient and a fantastic people manager. Personality and culture fit is key for this business. This is a relaxed environment where casual dress is encouraged. You will be treated as a senior member of the business and you can manage your working day (core hours 10am-4pm).
And this is what you’ll get in return:
- A flexible working environment
- Bonus scheme
- Personal career development
- 28 days leave + bank holidays
- Holiday carryover
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Autonomy to carry out your duties
- The ability to make this role your own
- Remuneration above market average
Are you up to the challenge?
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role – then please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions then please contact Sarah Castle at Yolk Recruitment on 02921 673737.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying – then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.*