28 days ago
28 April 2019
Head of Operations
Are you a Operations Manager/Operations Director actively pursuing a new challenge? A challenge that will allow you to play a pivotal role in the continuing global development and success of a manufacturing company? If so, I have just to the role for you..
This is what you’ll be doing
Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful applicant has responsibility for the coordination of manufacturing, warehouse, shipping, procurement, production scheduling, maintenance, asset management, quality, health safety and environment activities. In addition to being responsible for:
- To structure, organize, recruit, lead, train and manage a high performing team that enables the business to achieve is growth aspirations of doubling sales over the next 4 years
- You will have P&L responsibilities for the operations unit that include improving GM by 10% over the next 4 years
- You will improve manufacturing lead times
- To identify, measure and manage the department through agreed KPI’s
- To develop a continuous improvement culture with a core focus on driving profitability through productivity improvements, supply chain management and proactive purchasing activities
- Motivate and engage operational teams, particularly during times of business change and project delivery
- Define and create a working culture based on ownership and accountability and that prides itself on quality, EH&S and customer service excellence
- Work with the executive team to introduce and drive new initiatives to achieve the company growth plans
- To contribute to the successful and timely launch of new products and support special project activities
- Consistently challenge the status quo and have a quest for seeking new and better ways of working including process flow, innovation and the use of new technology
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- Educated to Degree Level.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience within a similar level role
- Evidenced continuous professional development (e.g. Six Sigma / Lean Manufacturing certifications).
- You will have a proven track record of multi-discipline management and can demonstrate sound commercial knowledge
- Previous experience in a similar role at senior level combined with the ability to implement change management systems
- A strong financial understanding, demonstrating excellent people management skills, decision making, organisation and planning are fundamental to this position
- Competent process management knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, self- motivation and a positive attitude
- Strong operational experience from manufacturing processes, supply chain, material management, planning, warehouse, inventory management, customer service and people management.
And this is what you’ll get in return
A salary of up to £70,000
Including 25 days annual leave, plus 8 bank holidays (total of 33 days holiday). Bonus. Healthcare. Pension.
You’ll be joining a business currently experiencing significant growth, which also offer fantastic progression opportunities.
Are you up to the challenge?
Are you what we’re looking for? Please get in touch today with engineering specialist recruiter, Richard Pearson on either firstname.lastname@example.org or 02921 673 742.
Please apply with a CV and feel free to include a cover letter outlining why you’re perfect for the role. We also have a referral scheme so if you know of someone who would be great for the role please get in touch.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.