£40000 - £55000
5 months ago
Head of Procurement
£40,000 - £55,000
As a result of continued growth this well-established financial services business has created a new opportunity for a Head of Procurement to join their team.
As Head of Procurement, this is what you’ll be doing
- You’ll have a matrix relationship oversight of all 3rd party suppliers to the Group.
- With ongoing supplier management accountability residing with the appropriate line of business, you’ll be responsible for negotiating all new agreements, and re-negotiating existing contracts for commercial benefit.
- Act as the point of contact for supplier relations with parent company, and will leverage group buying power with external suppliers to exceed commercial targets.
- Working collaboratively to support the business objectives of the Group across Delivery, Service and Group Functions.
- Working with core finance to further develop the entire Procure to Pay cycle, policies and procedures.
- A multi-facet role to manage supplier performance and drive achievement of commercial, operational and risk management objectives.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Working collaboratively across all departments the role holder will develop good working relationships with key stakeholders and establish a matrix for supplier relationship ownership.
- Oversight of all supplier relationships providing best practice supplier management disciplines and rigour to relationships held directly and indirectly via business function heads.
- Be the key point of contact for all supplier relationships; Existing and new suppliers, internal and external queries.
- Provide and manage 3rd party suppliers to ensure the Group has the requisite services and products to deliver the contracted level of service for our corporate clients and their end customers.
- Monitor performance of 3rd party suppliers to expected SLAs and manage supplier audits where necessary.
- Accountable to deliver financial efficiency targets set each quarter, via ensuring contractual adherence, renegotiations, and switch of supplier.
- Drive a cost conscious culture throughout the Group.
- Be conduit to feed business requirements from suppliers into FP&A finance team (Opex and Capex), support new costing assumptions for commercial bids, and be point person for variance queries identified in monthly management accounts.
- Working collaboratively with core finance, compliance and wider group functions, develop and maintain the frameworks process and procedures required to achieve operational excellence in Procurement. These processes and procedures to include but not limited to; Procure to Pay cycle including purchase orders and authority matrix, oversight of 3rd party providers policy, third party onboarding due diligence procedures, and procurement tender process.
- Monitor, identify, manage and report any third party risks.
- Ensure supplier agreements are kept up to date and reflect new and appropriate legislation/regulation.
The skills/experience/qualifications you’ll need:
- Educated to degree level. CIPS, ACA/CIMA/equivalent advantageous but not essential.
- Subject Matter Expert in Procurement and Supplier Management with demonstrable experience of achieving results obtained in medium to large size entities.
- Financial Services or Technology sector experience is advantageous.
And this is what the Head of Procurement will get in return
- Salary of £40,000 - £55,000 DOE
- Up to 10% bonus scheme
- Private Medical
- 24 days holidays (+8b.h.) increasing to 30 with service.
- Opportunity buy/sell holiday
- 6% matched pension
- Life Assurance
Are you up to the challenge?
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful as Head of Procurement in this role, apply now.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.