£20000 - £22000 per annum
02921 673 751
13 days ago
01 November 2021
£22,000.00 per annum plus benefits
Yolk Engineering are partnering with this leading Food Manufacturing client based in Aberdare. Due to continued growth they are recruiting for a Health & Safety Administrator to support The Health & Safety Manager with the implementation of a variety of health and safety projects and systems within the Site. Liaising closely with Group H&S support services you will ensure site management system is aligned with the group safety strategy. This role offers development and career progression for the right candidate.
As Health & Safety Administrator you’ll be……
- Providing technical and administrative support for H&S project coordination, maintenance, and management.
- Assisting in ongoing development and implementation of effective health and safety systems, policies and procedures on the site.
- Assisting in enforcing the effective implementation of health and safety practices.
- Facilitate, support and advise the health and safety risk management teams on site.
- Train site personnel in a department’s software applications that are vital in order to fulfil their functions (Risk management applications and spreadsheets).
- Assist Site H&S Manager to undertake and review relevant assessments for operations on site.
- Liaising with safety personnel regarding site accident, incident and near misses reporting and investigations ensuring corrective and preventative actions are formulated and implemented
- Gathering evidence such as documentation and photographs.
- Assist in updating and uploading accident investigations reports.
- Co-ordinate the identification of health and safety training needs within the site and make practical arrangements for such training to be available to employees.
- Ideally should hold a Safety and Health qualification however this can also be facilitated by the business.
- Experience of safety and health ideally food and / or manufacturing environments.
- Strong communicator with well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Organized, energetic and self-motivated.
- Ability to identify continuous improvement initiatives and ability to challenge status quo.
- Strong IT sills and familiarity with Microsoft Office, Excel, Power Point and other common software tools.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.