Up to £30000.00 per annum
11 days ago
13 October 2022
Health and Safety Advisor
Yolk Engineering is pleased to be working with a growing niche manufacturer who are looking for a Health and Safety Advisor to join their growing team.
This is a company who is going from strength to strength and who, even during the pandemic, grew year upon year!
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager you will be responsible for developing and maintain a Health and Safety system for the factory and providing advice and support across the business.
What you will be doing as Health and Safety Advisor:
- Provide advice and assistance to all persons responsible for health & safety at the Factory
- Provide a robust system, including procedures, guidance and training, to achieve a sustainable risk assessment process at the Factory
- Implement risk assessments for all the Factory's activities, including general risk assessments, COSHH, Manual Handling, Noise, DSE, and other statutory requirements
- Agree, track and support actions arising from risk assessments, including provision of safe systems of work / work instructions and training
- Develop a programme for inspection and testing of facilities and equipment, e.g. pressure systems, LEV, lifting equipment, in accordance with insurance and statutory requirements
- Review existing health & safety procedures, including training material, recommend changes and implement as required
- Support the HR Manager in implementing an effective health and safety staff consultation process
- Develop appropriate health and safety KPIs
- Develop and implement a system to maintain appropriate documentation and records to demonstrate compliance all statutory requirements
The skills you will bring as Health and Safety Advisor:
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- Experience in a similar position within a manufacturing environment
- Practical and up-to-date knowledge of UK health and safety legislation
- Microsoft packages, including Excel
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this Health and Safety Advisor role apply now
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.