19 days ago
05 June 2020
Health & Safety Business Partner
Yolk is a recruiting partner for Health & Safety Business Partner for a period of 6 month for not for profit based in Swansea who currently have a team of 6 within the Health & Safety team. They are a diverse and dynamic organisation and this team in particular are experiencing unprecedented demand due to COVID-19. This opportunity for a Health, Safety and resilience BP will be supporting 3 busy teams for the next 6 months with potential to be considered for other opportunities within the organisation after this time.
What you’ll be doing
The successful Heath & Safety Business Partner will be expected to;
- Keep abreast of government guidelines, filter information and produce guidance for the organisations/departments.
- Support the Head of Health, Safety and Resilience in the development and delivery of a high performing HSR service.
- Attend appropriate operational meetings to engage with the business on their issues and work with them to provide appropriate Health, Safety and Resilience solutions.
- Support the implementation, application, monitoring and review of the Group’s Health & Safety policy and Resilience framework.
- Working with the stakeholder to understand operational requirements and translate them into robust resilience plans, bespoke to the area of operation, within strategic, business critical and legislative requirements.
- Working with the Head of Health, Safety and Resilience to measure our readiness through a testing regime/programme.
- As a part of the team support any serious Health, Safety or business continuity incidents.
- To ensure that Health and Safety policies and procedures are adhered to for their area of responsibility and implemented correctly thereby, ensuring that statutory requirements are met.
What you’ll bring to the team
The successful Health & Safety Business Partner will need to demonstrate the following skills & experience;
- Previous experience in a similar Health & Safety position
- Experience liaising with bodies such as HSE and Public Health Wales
- Ability to interpret and practically apply legal statutes, supporting documents and contacts.
- Understanding of occupational health and safety legislation and good practice.
- Knowledge and experience of maintaining health and safety management systems.
- Knowledge and experience of developing business continuity plans.
- Knowledge of testing resilience plans in place
- NEBOSH / NVQ 5 Diploma or equivalent in Health & Safety.
- Membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), at a minimum of Graduate member (Grad IOSH) preferably Chartered member (CMIOSH)
Here’s What You’ll Get in Return
Basic salary of up to £40,000 (pro rata)
Excellent organisational culture
Think this one’s for you
If you think this vacancy for a Health & Safety Business Partner is for you then apply online or call Nici Jones to discuss the role in confidence on 07712 291098.