3 months ago
17 August 2020
Health & Safety Consultant (Food)
Competitive Salary, DOE
A well-established independent consultancy that offers stability, security and a fantastic work-life balance and a positive and supportive culture has a new opportunity for an experienced Health & Safety Consultant (Food) to join as a result of securing a number of long term local authority contracts.
The majority of the work will be located across South Wales, though there is some travel outside of Wales required. This would be well suited to someone with the qualifications outlined below who would prefer to be in control of their own diary in a no-politics environment, and will benefit from the most up to date training and development as all in the business are encouraged to be as knowledgeable as possible, rather than have the most current information reserved for others.
This is what you’ll be doing as Health & Safety Consultant
- Undertaking food hygiene, food standards and health and safety audits for local authority contracts
- Providing training, advice and support to your private clients on a range of topics including securing relevant accreditations
- Undertake enforcement actions such as service of notices and preparation of legal reports and witness statements.
The skills/experience/qualifications you’ll need:
- A qualified environmental health officer or holder of Higher Certificate in Food Premises Inspection with EHORB/EHRB registration
- Membership of professional body such as CIEH
- Relevant additional qualification e.g. NEBOSH
- Experience of inspecting /auditing food businesses requiring in depth knowledge of legislation and guidance
- Experience of investigating food poisoning complaints
- Ability to progress projects in a timely manner
- Demonstrate ability to make and implement decisions
- Proven excellent team working skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience of report writing
- Experience of presenting reports in various forums
- Some nights away (travel/accommodation paid)
And this is what the successful Health & Safety Consultant will get in return
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- 25 days + bank holidays
- The latest training and development
- Career development opportunities
Are you up to the challenge?
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful as a Health & Safety Consultant (Food) apply now. You can apply here or contact our Head of Engineering Phil Pitman directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 02921 673717.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.