£29000 - £34000 per annum
5 days ago
23 July 2022
£29,000 - £34,000
Yolk recruitment is pleased to be recruiting a Health, Safety and Training Advisor for an established manufacturer who is at the forefront of their market and growing year upon year.
Reporting to the Safety Health Environment and Technical Training Manager this role offers a great opportunity for someone to develop their skills and knowledge in health safety and environment management along with experience in developing a new training system for the business. It may suit someone looking to progress from a coordinator role or an established professional who is looking for a new challenge
What you will be doing as Health, Safety and Training Advisor:
- Assist in the supporting and coaching of the middle management team to develop their health and safety knowledge, awareness of their responsibilities and adopt best practice
- Support health, safety and training initiatives, identify training needs and deliver training solutions as required e.g. manual handling, induction, COSHH, LOTO, safe systems of work, accident investigation
- Manage sections of the safety management system e.g. PPE, guarding, lock off
- Assist in the creation of training material • Update and maintain training matrices
- Carry out auditing and inspections
- Track and ensure completion of SHE actions at the factory
- Manage the SHE databases i.e. accident database, etc.
- Engage and work closely with other departments to support and push the SHE agenda
- Support the review and roll out of the various Safety Assessment programmes and follow up actions that arise from this.
- Support the development of the safety management system to ensure that robust documentation is available for audits/ defence purposes
- Support the behavioural safety programme
- Co-ordinate key equipment projects e.g. racking, lifting, pedestrianisation, vehicle safety, electrical safety
The skills you will bring as Health, Safety and Training Advisor:
- Qualified to NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent
- Experience of operating in manufacturing environment (food manufacturing experience and an awareness of food safety legislation would be an advantage)
- Experience of delivering training, ideally supported by a recognised qualification
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships and influence at all levels
- Computer literate
- Good communicator
- Adopts a pragmatic, hands on approach, collaborative approach
- Organised and systematic
- Flexible/ drives and embraces change/ challenges the status quo
- Team player with experience of cross functional team working
- Relentless/ tenacious/ proactive in follow up and closes the loop
- Up to date knowledge/ understanding of health and safety legislation
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this Health, Safety and Training Advisor role apply now by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling me directly on 07458163362.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.