£28000 per annum
02921 673 712
19 days ago
17 December 2021
£28,000 per annum
Are you an experienced and competent HR Advisor looking for a new challenge? Do you have experience within the manufacturing sector and experience in dealing with Trade Unions?
If so, then we’d like to hear from you!
Yolk Recruitment are currently working exclusively with a well established Caerphilly based client to recruit an experienced HR Advisor. The ideal candidate will thrive in a busy role and be keen to work semi independently. Experience in HR within a manufacturing environment is essential for this role.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Providing general HR advice and guidance
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of employment law
- Conducting disciplinary investigations/accompany managers at disciplinary meetings when required and provide guidance on all disciplinary related issues.
- Issuing and recording relevant disciplinary paperwork
- Assisting with the handling of grievances in conjunction with Line Managers/ HR Manager
- Preparing and issuing weekly headcount report, daily manning report and monthly KPI stats
- Controlling and monitoring of sickness absence levels including arranging and conducting meetings in a timely manner.
- Arranging medical appointments when necessary with the OH Nurse or doctor in conjunction with other HR Officers.
- Conducting maternity talks and issuing relevant paperwork in conjunction with HR Officer
- Maintenance and control of retirement and long term service database, issuing relevant paperwork at required times.
- Assisting with recruitment and selection as and when required
- The planning and preparation for employee welfare events
- Attending meetings on behalf of the HR Manager as and when required
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role:
- You’ll have experience in an HR role within manufacturing
- You’ll have previous experience as a generalist HR Officer (preferably in a unionised environment)
- You’ll have experience in dealing with trade unions
- You’ll have experience of conducting disciplinary/grievance meetings
- You’ll be confident in your HR knowledge and experience and keen to develop
- You’ll have excellent oral and written communication skills coupled with an eye for detail
And here’s what you’ll get in return:
- A starting salary of £28,000 per annum
- Free on site parking
- Holidays increased with length of service
- Company sick pay
Are you up to the challenge?
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role – then please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions then please contact Kim Partridge at Yolk Recruitment.