£45000 - £47000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Yolk recruitment has another exciting opportunity for a HSQE Manager to join a company leading the way of its industry!
This could be an ideal role for an experienced HSQE manager to come in and take full control of a new role and excel and progress within.
The key part of the role will be to Support implementation and integration of HSQE into all business processes and further develop the existing HSQE culture inspiring change and ensuring compliance with H&S law, relevant regulations, and all standards.
This is what you'll be doing as the HSQE Manager:
- Communicate with SMT on Quality and Safety issues.
- Facilitate and support the management of EQHS across all site functions to ensure that working practices are both safe and relevant EQHS standards.
- Support and review the development of HSQE Policies and implement as required so fully deployed and adhered to, ensuring that they are legally compliant and meet Divisional/ Group Standards and Policies.
- Responsible with all others, for achieving the targeted improvements in Health and safety including reductions in accidents/incidents, improvements in near miss/ observation safety reporting, Increase in audit scores and improvements in relevant employee survey scores.
- Support the roll out of HSQE initiatives.
- Ensuring UK HSQE performance data is controlled, monitored and audited.
- Assist in the development and implementation of appropriate preventative and corrective actions.
- Development of HSQE management documentation & information for all personnel, including temporary employees and Contracting Company personnel.
- Communicate effectively and in a timely manner, the HSQE performance.
- Develop & implement effective site HSQE management systems, processes and practices that support and deliver business and HSQE strategy.
- Actively participate in/lead meetings and initiatives.
- Leads by example, setting the standard of conduct required for excellent HSQE leadership and compliance.
- Support continuous process improvement through detailed failure analysis for non-conformances, and investigate, develop and implement effective root cause and corrective actions taking a business wide approach
The experience you will bring to the HSQE Manager role:
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills to build and maintain effective working relationships
- Supporting management to deliver the highest standards of Quality, Health, Safety & Environment.
- The ability to champion and bring about change through embedding a continuous improvement culture.
- A working knowledge of lean tools and practices, ideally a green belt in lean six sigma as a minimum.
- A high-level health, safety & environmental qualification (degree, diploma or similar) with corporate membership of a relevant professional body (IOSH, IIRSM or equivalent).
- An excellent understanding of Culture, Behaviours and Leadership and the development of these across the organisation.
- Experience at an equivalent level in a low volume, high value manufacturing environment or similar.
- An excellent knowledge and application of key health, safety & environmental legislative requirements, Codes of Practice, and current guidance and good practices
- Good knowledge of environmental management and ISO14001:2015.
- A background in Quality Management Systems ISO9001:2015 or similar
- A good knowledge of fire safety and fire risk assessment.
This is what you will get in return as the HSQE manager:
- A 37.5 hour work week, with flexible hours between Monday - Friday, 7am - 6pm)
- Salary of Circa £45,000
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Various health and wellbeing schemes + Medical Insurance
- Free Parking onsite
- A dynamic global team to work alongside everyday
- Yearly performance based salary review.
If you feel you have the skills, experience, and passion to be successful in this HSQE Manager role apply now.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.