5 months ago
Human Resources Officer
A UK top-100 Law firm in the Cardiff City Centre are looking for a HR Officer to join their growing team. You will be working closely with the team to support staff across the firm covering resourcing, reward, learning & development and employee relations. This is a full time, permanent position paying circa £28-£30k
This is what you’ll be doing
The primary focus of this role will be to support the HR Manager to effectively and efficiently deliver the full employee life cycle for fee earners and support staff across the division. The post holder will also have the opportunity to support the Chief People Officer on firm-wide HR projects.
- Working alongside the Recruitment Officer and supporting the recruitment process for roles within the division including shortlisting and interviewing.
- Carrying out a variety of induction sessions, for example, leading six week catch ups for new joiners across the division.
- Be a key HR contact for the Secretarial Co-ordinator/Deputy Secretarial Co-ordinator and Office Managers, who have overall management responsibility for the division’s secretarial support function.
- Liaising with the central Learning and Development Manager to help with the design and delivery of relevant high quality training across all roles within the division.
- As part of the HR team, ensuring the timely delivery of the firm’s appraisal, salary review and bonus processes, taking a lead for the secretarial appraisal and bonus review.
- Ensuring payroll changes are given to the HR Assistant and HR Officer (responsible for payroll) in a timely and efficient manner.
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent by experience), and ideally CIPD qualified.
- At least two years’ experience of working at HR Officer level within a law firm or professional services environment.
- Experience of using employee database software and online recruitment management tools.
- Previous experience of managing ER issues from start to end.
And this is what you’ll get in return
A fantastic range of benefits including - Annual Salary Review – 1 June; Private Healthcare Cover with BUPA; Gym Subsidy; Corporate Gym Membership with Fitness First; Interest-free Season Ticket Loan (after three months’ service); Workplace nursery provision scheme via salary sacrifice (TEDS); 25 days holiday entitlement (rising to 30 days holiday after 5 years’ service) and many more!!
Are you up to the challenge?
Are you what we’re looking for? Please get in touch today with Becca Selby on either firstname.lastname@example.org or 02921 673748.
Please apply with a CV and a cover letter outlining why you’re perfect for the role. We also have a referral scheme so if you know of someone who would be great for the role please get in touch.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.