27 days ago
02 March 2021
£30,000 - £35,000 per annum plus benefits
As Hygiene Manager you will lead and manage an effective 24-hour Hygiene Function ensuring systems and standards are at all times fully compliant with relevant Legislation, Customer/BRC and Site requirements. Working closely with colleagues across the site to improve quality and hygiene to customers whilst reduce complaints.
As Hygiene Manager you’ll be…..
· Ensure safe working practices are implemented at all times
· Management of Hygiene team to ensure all scheduled tasks are completed on time and to an acceptable standard.
· Draw up, implement & revise hygiene policies and Standard Operating Procedures for hygiene operations in conjunction with Chemical suppliers to ensure best practices are maintained throughout
· Manage in conjunction with the Technical team, all contracts for Cleaning chemicals, laundry, pest control and any other related services within agreed budget.
· Identify and implement cost savings where possible.
· Maintain adequate stocks of cleaning chemicals, cleaning equipment and PPE
· Ensure Audit readiness for site and systems in relation to hygiene and pest control
· Maximize team performance, efficiency and service levels and drive employee engagement. Develop enhanced and future fit employee skillset and flexibility across the shift teams
· Involvement in monitoring of hygiene standards by engaging with the environmental swab and ATP program.
· Leading investigation and corrective action for poor environmental monitoring results
· Site Listeria Champion
· Support H&S Manager and Engineering Manager with regard to Environmental controls and standards
· Responsible for the conduct of your team at work, this includes but is not limited to appropriate dress code, punctuality, absences level, training and output.
· Maintain a high factory profile and liaise with all departments to promote consistency and a high level of service throughout the business.
· Support Finance function with completing time sheets for payroll purposes
· Support the HR function with absent management, relevant disciplinary procedures and provide updates on any recruitment requirements.
· Member of site Auditing team and site HACCP team.
· To ensure all staff are adequately trained and inducted on a regularly basis.
· Prepare Hygiene reports and present at site Hygiene/Technical meeting
· Any other reasonable duties allocated by a Director or member of management.
The experience and behaviours you’ll bring to the role will include….
Are you up to the challenge?
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this role apply now.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.