£30000.00 - £36000.00 per annum
22 days ago
14 June 2023
Yolk Recruitment Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team has partnered with a large public sector organisation to recruit an ICA Technician to join their team. They are an extraordinary organisation based in Cardiff with a diverse workforce and inclusive culture.
You'll be joining a company full of passionate individuals, who take pride in their work and the business. In return, our dedicated teams are supported, encouraged, nurtured, developed, and rewarded.
You'll be joining a hardworking, supportive, and inclusive team and company who put the customer at the heart of everything they do and take pride in their work and their brand.
There will be opportunities for overtime with extra earnings on top of your salary, site based working and a company vehicle is provided.
What the ICA Technician will be doing
The ideal ICA Technician you will play a key role in ensuring the successful operation of the Waste Treatment Works and pumping stations by carrying out planned maintenance work, responding to breakdowns, and programming and optimising the operation of PLC's and telemetry and SCADA systems.
- Carry out planned maintenance of ICA plant, and make decisions on both tasks and frequencies in order to strike a balance between regular checks and number of breakdowns.
- Respond to breakdowns on a very wide variety of ICA plant, assess problems, decide on action, acquire spares and carry out repairs as necessary.
- Programme PLC's and telemetry and SCADA systems to efficiently control and monitor unmanned plant amend existing programmes in response to both faults and operational changes in order to optimise levels of service.
- Give technical advice to contractors on ICA design of small capital schemes to ensure correct operation.
- Always implement and maintain the BMS procedures to ISO standard. Ensure that all ICA equipment is calibrated by the procedure at defined frequencies and is auditable.
What the successful ICA Technician will bring to the team
This role is suitable for someone who has.
- Time Served apprenticeship in electronics, instrumentation or electrical.
- HNC or equivalent in Industrial measurement and control
- Good IT skills
- Clean driving license
- Effective communication skills
Here's What You'll Get in Return
The successful ICA Technician will be rewarded with:
- Salary between £30,000 - £36,500 DOE
- Annual bonus
- Full training and development
- Enhanced employer pension contributions
- Reduction on gym memberships and high street shopping
Think this one's for you
If you think this ICA Technician opportunity is for you then apply online.
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team works with organisations across the UK to fulfil their recruitment needs and to achieve their D&I objectives. We recruit temporary, contract and permanent hires for 1 off specialist needs or for volume campaigns. We support our applicants to navigate the public sector recruitment processes and secure their dream jobs.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.