about 1 month ago
In House Solicitor
NQ-3PQE (as a guide)
A rare and exciting opportunity for a junior Solicitor (NQ-3Pqe as a guide) has arisen at a hugely reputable company, whose head office and legal function is located in Cardiff. Whilst currently working remotely, this role will involve working directly with the Head of Legal and so the successful candidate will need to be able to attend the Cardiff office. This head office role, will involve providing legal advice and support to operating entities based in Europe, US and Japan and is thus a really exciting role for any junior lawyer looking to move in house.
This is some of what you’ll be doing
· Ensure that the business is fully compliant
· Draft and oversee customer and commercial contracts (drafting and negotiating)
· Deal with terms and conditions of business
· Deal with NDAs
· Provide general legal advice on tenders, contracts, customer renewals and terminations
· Deal with GDPR and data licence agreements
· Deal with deeds of variation
· Keep abreast of legislation changes
At this company, culture fit and ethos is key and work life balance really is promoted and encouraged here.
The experience you’ll bring to the team
• A qualified Solicitor or Lawyer
• Experience already working in house is desirable but private practise candidates will also be considered
• Experience in dealing with commercial contracts is essential
• A knowledge of IP would be advantageous, as would experience in data contracts
• Should be commercially aware and astute
• A personable individual who can deal with third parties and other professionals
• Excellent communication skills
• Able to work autonomously
This is what you’ll get in return
A higher than market average salary for this PQE range
Job security working for one of Wales’ reputable businesses
A supportive team, working specifically alongside the Head of Legal
Stunning Cardiff bay location
Flexi working is encouraged.
Are you up for the challenge?
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role - then please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions then please contact Sarah Castle at Yolk Recruitment on 02921673737.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.*