£10.50 - £11 per hour
about 9 hours ago
09 September 2022
Yolk Recruitment Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team has partnered with a large public sector organisation to recruit an Income Assistant to join their team. They are a fantastic organisation based in Swansea with a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture.
You’ll be joining a Housing Association on a temporary, part time basis, full of passionate individuals, who take pride in their work and their organisation. In return, our dedicated teams are supported, encouraged, nurtured, developed, and rewarded. You will be required to provide a supporting role to the income department, working with tenants and local authorities.
You’ll be joining a hardworking, supportive, and inclusive team and company who put their customers at the heart of everything they do and take pride in their work and their brand.
What the Income Assistant will be doing
The ideal Income Assistant will be working with Income Managers, helping tenants with various elements of Universal Credit, Benefit Claims and Payments, as well as Housing Benefit queries and repayments. The 3 most important elements of the role are:-
- Variations in Universal Credit payments, both management of and information on changes to
- Housing Benefit Notifications, both management of and information on changes to
- Alternative payment arrangements associated with rent arears and other payment of benefits.
What the successful Income Assistant will bring to the team
They are looking for someone ideally who has had experience of working with Housing Benefit queries or Universal Credit applications in a live environment.
- A sound understanding of the benefits system, Housing Benefit, Universal Credit, Council Tax
- Housing Association experience, or working with social housing tenants would be an advantage
- Experience dealing with vulnerable people who may need extra support and help with understanding of the benefits system.
- Someone who can travel to and from Swansea for one day a week, and for initial training.
Here’s What You’ll Get in Return
The successful Income Assistant will be rewarded with:
- Hourly rate between £10.50 - £11.00 per hour, depending on levels of experience
- Part-Time hours between 14 – 21 hours a week available, working 2-3 days a week
- Contract will run between 2-3 months, with a view to further extending depending on circumstances
- Can work 1 day a week at home
Think this one’s for you
If you think this Income Assistant opportunity is for you then apply online or call Tony Davidson to discuss the role in confidence on 07458 163647.
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team works with organisations across the UK to fulfil their recruitment needs and to achieve their D&I objectives. We recruit temporary, contract and permanent hires for 1 off specialist needs or for volume campaigns. We support our applicants to navigate the public sector recruitment processes and secure their dream jobs.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.