£30,000 basic + excellent benefits
5 months ago
6 months with possibility of extension
Information Governance Officer – 6 month Fixed term contract
It is the role of the data protection and information governance team to ensure information is safe and secure. You will have responsibility for a range of assurance activities in relation to the General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Act 2018, and other areas of the information governance framework. You will be the first line point of contact for information governance matters.
This is an opportunity for hardworking, positive individual to move into or develop within information governance. You will help foster a data protection culture within the organisation. You should be comfortable working to fixed timescales, delivering detailed verbal and written updates and reports and be able to represent the team at meetings.
This is what you’ll be doing
- Produce clear responses in plain English to statutory data and information requests.
- Support and assist people to clarify and refine their requests for information.
- Work with colleagues across the organisation to secure the necessary information and to ensure comprehensive understanding of the scope and scale of any request.
- Manage responses to requests from third party organisations for personal data held by us.
- Help with preparing submissions in relation to any matters referred to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Monitor, identify and report on trends in information requests and circulate key data to the team.
- Assist in the development of information governance and information security systems and processes.
- Review, monitor and maintain all corporate level information governance and Information governance policies, registers, schedules and logs.
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- Experience of managing governance/complaints and delivering good customer service.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of General Data Protection Regulation.
- Ability to identify, understand and clearly explain principles of data protection and information governance legislation.
- Excellent communication skills with exceptional written and verbal skills - able to communicate clearly and effectively with others and influence positive changes
- Excellent IT skills with the ability to adapt quickly to new technology and better ways of working
What you’ll get in return
- £30,000 salary
- Flexible working opportunities
- 25 days annual leave rising annually (max 30) + BH
- Excellent benefits package
Are you up for the challenge?
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for this role – please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details have been passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions then please contact Nici Jones at Yolk Recruitment.
Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applicant we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. IF you gave not heard from us within 7 days of applying –then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.
Yolk Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Yolk Recruitment Ltd is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.