Salary up to £43,000 + excellent benefits
9 months ago
Information Risk Manager – London £43,000
Our client is an independent regulator based in Canary Wharf. They ensure compliance in licensing as well as managing suppliers against independently assessed criteria. The team are well supported from an L&D perspective and offer a wide range of training as well as flexible working arrangements. This is a new role to provide dedicated information risk and accreditation management and information systems control expertise to our client and its service delivery partners.
In return you’ll benefit from flexible working arrangements, excellent civil service benefits including 27.5 days annual leave and exceptional pension options.
This is what your responsibilities look like:
- Advise on all aspects of information assurance management and to assist senior management in maturing our Information Assurance management arrangements.
- Manage and advise on the organisation’s Information Assurance budget allocation ensuring value for money requirements are met.
- Ensure our client remains compliant with the minimum mandatory measures
- Assist department/division managers and our contracted services providers to remain proactive in assessing and minimizing information security risks and business impacts arising from information processing and ICT services and systems threats and vulnerabilities.
- Author, update and advise on changes to information risk management and information security policies and procedures as well as oversee their implementation with managers and staff.
- Undertake risk and privacy impact assessments together with department/division managers and appointed security consultants and services providers.
- Monitor the effectiveness of our security policies and practices covering physical, procedural and technical controls.
The experience you’ll bring to the team:
- Proven experience in a services delivery organisation (public or private sector) in a similar role – for example:
- an Information Security Officer (ISO)
- an Information Risk Manager
- an IT Security Officer (ITSO)
- an IT security and systems auditor
- Proven ability to assess information systems processes and ICT services and systems threats, vulnerabilities and risks.
- Proven ability to write reports and deliver presentations on information risk management, systems process control, ICT security.
- Proven ability to author information security policies and procedures.
- Experience of managing budgets and managing a team of technical specialists.
- Works and communicates effectively and fluently with managers and staff – able to explain complex technical issues in terms that non-technical managers and staff will understand.
- Creative, enthusiastic and committed to the role as well as flexible, confident and persuasive, able to influence decision makers.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate a level of awareness of equality and diversity issues appropriate to this role.
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for this role – please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details have been passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions then please contact Daniel Lewis at Yolk Recruitment.
Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applicant we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. IF you gave not heard from us within 7 days of applying –then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.
Yolk Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Yolk Recruitment Ltd is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.