£45.00 - £55.00 per hour
16 days ago
20 October 2022
Infrastructure Analyst | 12 Month Contract | Up to £55 per hour | Inside IR35 | Bristol, Stevenage or Bolton | Hybrid Working (3/4 days per week remote)
Yolk Recruitment are working with a global defence organisation looking to grow their Information Management team.
The Information Systems teams have responsibilities for supporting and deploying business applications. Current projects include delivering a new project, an End to End Lab environment utilising Cloud technologies. If successful you will contribute to the gathering and validation of business requirements by engaging with stakeholders, and will ensure that they are answered by the technical solution.
The role can be based at either their Bristol, Bolton or Stevenage locations & they can offer 3/4 days a week remote.
- Assist with the development and validation of requirements
- Build an understanding of the interaction between tools and business processes
- Kick-off the scoping phase of solutions
- Monitor solutions against the needs of internal stakeholders
- Understand the impact of proposed changes for business teams and processes
- Ensure the solutions as deployed meet the organisational needs
- Assist in the creation of a feasible project
- Provide subject matter expertise for risks, issues and opportunities
- Essential - Developing requirements and scoping systems and services
- Advantageous - Mapping Business or Engineering processes to applications
- Advantageous - The lifecycle of information systems including acquisition and development of new technology, with a view on new and emerging digital opportunities which would be transformative
- Advantageous - Experience in the integration of disparate and distributed solutions in a defence environment
- Advantageous - Systems Engineering processes/lifecycle and of the lifecycle of information systems including acquisition and development of new technology
- Proven ability to talk to stakeholders, develop requirements, analyse or create processes, research solutions, assess compliance and make recommendations.
- Experience in Systems and Software engineering practices and standards. Able to review, redefine and reengineer processes.
- Aware of SQL, DB2, ORACLE, Active Directory, Virtual Machines, WebSphere, Windows Servers, Unix and equivalents.