Technical Infrastructure Architect | Cardiff | Hybrid Working (2 days per month onsite) | Up to £80,000 | 2 Stage interview Process
Yolk Recruitment are working with a global leader in Martime Technology looking to expand their Product Engineering team. They're looking for an experienced Technical Infrastructure / Network Architect to join due to an influx of new product work.
As the Technical Architect, you will provide architecture direction and expertise in infrastructure, network, and system architecture while supporting the existing and future work streams. You will also assist and collaborate with the other architects in the creation of project-specific low-level design documents. Additionally, you will assess new and existing technologies relating to the infield equipment (radar, surveillance, AIS, etc.) from an architecture and implementation perspective.
To be successful you will need a strong background in the design, architecture & build of Linux Infrastructure, on-prem & VM solutions (Hyper-V). The role would suit either a Technical Architect or a Senior Linux Engineer with design experience looking to step up into an architecture role.
The role is based at their Cardiff office with 1-2 days per month onsite.
· Lead and support infrastructure and network architecture design direction to support the ever-evolving product with a focus on the continuing refresh of the products and firmware associated with our products.
· Produce a comprehensive set of technical documentation for the function based on current understanding and findings so that it's recorded and available for business continuity.
· Technically support the projects during the implementation phase for the infrastructure and network architecture.
· Assist and collaborate with the other architects in the creation of any project specific low-level design documents.
· Demonstrated experience in infrastructure and network architecture design with a focus on Proof of Concept (PoC) design, low-level design, documentation, and implementation support.
· Expert in Linux Engineering, on-prem & VM (Hyper-V) solutions.
· Strong technical understanding of large-scale infrastructure deployments, data centers, network architecture, and systems engineering.
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to relate to various audiences.
· Exposure to architecture frameworks such as TOGAF.
· Salary up to £80,000
· Performance related bonus
· Remote & flexible working
· Private Medical Insurance.
Got your attention?
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role - then please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions then please contact Ryan Harris at Yolk Recruitment.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.*
'Yolk Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Yolk Recruitment Limited is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.