Infrastructure Network Services Manager
£38000.00 - £52991.00 per annum + 27.9% pension contribution
18 days ago
Network Infrastructure Manager - Salary of up to £52,000 - 1 Stage interview
Yolk Recruitment Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team has partnered with a highly specialist civil service organisation. They are an award-winning employer, building brilliant services on cutting edge technology.
As a Network Infrastructure Manager, you will be part of a small network team that supports both on-site (within the Cardiff office) and cloud-hosted network services on a 24/7/365 basis. In addition, you will be expected to take the lead in delivering infrastructure improvements to the existing LAN and WAN infrastructure.
Please note this is a SC Cleared role that requires you to have lived in the UK for 5 years and does not offer sponsorship.
What the Network Infrastructure Manager will be doing
As a Network Infrastructure Manager, you will be a team leader as well as be responsible for both day-to-day support of the network infrastructure and strategic and tactical enhancements. These include the migration of core services to the cloud (AWS & Azure) and on-premise upgrades to the network technology.
- Lead and manage the Network Team responsible for 24/7 technical maintenance and support for the Network
- Design and implement cloud (AWS & Azure) network infrastructure for hosting systems being migrated from on-premise to the cloud
- Deliver technical upgrades and improvements to the network infrastructure, including Wi-Fi upgrades, cloud-hosted VPN service, and replacement of firewalls and network security
- Collaborate with Network Architect on future network strategy for on-premise and cloud-hosted services
- Provide day-to-day support for the existing network infrastructure (on-premise and cloud) and participate in a 24/7 on-call rota.
What the successful Network Infrastructure Manager will bring to the team
We're looking for someone who has a good mix of technical skills as well as leadership skills.
- Networking experience in AWS and Azure
- Understanding of network security in on-premise and cloud environments including firewall technologies
- Experience with Cisco switches and routers, both layer 2 and 3
- Experience with routing protocols including EIGRP and BGP
- Knowledge and experience of wireless LANs using Cisco APs and WLCs
- Experience in WAN technologies such as MPLS and SD-WAN
Here's What You'll Get in Return
- Salary of up to £52,000
- Pension scheme of 27.9%
- Annual leave of 30 days
- Flexible working hours
- Learning development opportunities
- Hybrid working
Think this one's for you
If you think this Network Infrastructure Manager opportunity is for you then apply online.
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team works with organisations across the UK to fulfil their recruitment needs and to achieve their D&I objectives. We recruit temporary, contract and permanent hires for 1 off specialist needs or for volume campaigns. We support our applicants to navigate the public sector recruitment processes and secure their dream jobs.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.