£30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
20 days ago
05 October 2023
Infrastructure Support Engineer (Linux) | Up to £40,000 | Cardiff | Hybrid 2 Days Per Week Onsite | 2 Stage Interview Process
Yolk Recruitment are working with an expanding maritime surveillance & communications technology company looking for a Linux Focused Infrastructure Support Engineer to join their growing customer support team.
If successful you will join a growing team (currently 3 Engineers) working to support internal systems as well as the company's customers. The infrastructure environment is diverse with a mix of Linux & Windows servers, with Linux being the main priority. The company are looking to build proactive support environment so any exposure to automation scripting / tools (PowerShell, Shell, Python, Ansible) would be hugely beneficial.
They're based in Cardiff & operate hybrid working with 2 days per week onsite.
What you will be doing:
- Supporting internal & external (customer systems) infrastructure & systems.
- Assisting with the implementation & deployment of new systems.
- Supporting & administering Linux & Windows servers.
- Working closely with senior team members to plan & build a proactive support environment with a focus on automation where applicable.
The experience you'll bring to the team:
- Good experience in Linux administration (Ubuntu / RedHat / CentOS) exposure to Windows would be a bonus.
- Experience administering on-prem & virtualised platforms (VMware / Hyper-V).
- Previous experience of deploying & implementing infrastructure systems.
- Exposure to automation (Bash, Shell, PowerShell, Python) would be highly beneficial but not required.
What you'll receive in return:
- Salary up to £40,000
- 25 days holiday (bank holidays on top)
- Matched pension up to 5%
- Private medical insurance
- Remote / Hybrid working options
Got your attention?
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role - then please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions then please contact Ryan Harris at Yolk Recruitment.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.*
'Yolk Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Yolk Recruitment Limited is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.