£28500.00 - £30000.00 per annum
9 months ago
Site Inventory Controller
Location - Narberth, Pembrokeshire
Salary - £28,500
Yolk Recruitment is partnered with this leading manufacturing business in the recruitment of an Inventory Controller to join their growing business. The company has a strong financial record and boasts the highest employee retention, is known locally for sustainability and community initiatives and internally for being a family friendly and collaborative place to work.
This is what you'll be doing
You'll be working with an inclusive and collaborative team in a hands on role, on the shop floor carrying out cycle counts, working with teams to identify discrepancies and implement lasting solutions. You will be delivering stock accuracy and ensuring all stock movements are documented, supporting the availability of raw materials to production. As a site Inventory Controller, you will be able to work in an inclusive team, share knowledge and be hands on with your role.
- Maintain inventory accuracy in line with targets by running weekly, monthly and annual stock checks
- Develop the company's inventory management strategy with aim of controlling the costs within budgetary limits; generating savings, rationalising inventory and maximizing available working capital
- To control stock movements and accuracy in addition to external sites
- Ensure raw material orders are placed on a weekly basis, in line with monthly production forecast and agreed buffer provided by the Supply Chain Manager
- Liaise with the Warehouse Manager to ensure raw material deliveries are planned in conjunction with outbound loads
- Control all documentation relating to finished goods and raw materials movements
- Control write offs and quality transactions through Sage
- Maintain accuracy with PO's on a monthly basis
- Write and maintain accurate written procedures for all main inventory control processes and functions.
- Oversee and provide support to Logistics and Warehouse teams for all NPL orders and transactions through.
The experience you'll bring to the team
- A background in inventory management / stock control
- Understanding of MRP/ERP and inventory control/management systems
- Experience of lean manufacturing
- Able to build relationships and share knowledge with your colleagues
- Able to work off your own initiative and take direction when required
- Able to plan resources and priorities
- Will apply a 'can do' attitude and not be afraid to get stuck into the role and challenged and supports the team to so the same
- To apply sound judgment and be able to make own decisions
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and have hands on approach
And this is what you'll get in return
- Up to 20% pension
- Company bonus
- Employee discount scheme
- A secure future with an industry leading employer
Are you up to the challenge?
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this role apply now!
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.