£42000 per annum
02922 671 373
20 days ago
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit is working with a well-known organisation to recruit for an IT Manager on a Fixed-term contract basis for 5 months. This will be a hybrid role based in Swansea with the expectation to come into the office once a week. The successful candidate will be available almost immediately and have experience of managing an IT team with excellent leadership skills.
What the IT Manager will be doing
The purpose of the role is to maintain and further develop the IT team as well as implement the IT strategy.
To take full responsibility for the efficient performance and secure administration of the IT Network and the procurement, installation, maintenance and support arrangements for all IT and MFD hardware and software.
To manage the organisations IT, Print and Photocopying budget ensuring that the level of investment properly supports an infrastructure that supports the achievement of the IT Strategy.
What the IT Manager will be responsible for
- Lead, motivate and inspire the Computer Services and Reprographics teams to deliver excellent standards of customer service to all network users both on-site and remotely.
- Develop, implement and maintain the IT Infrastructure to provide an efficient, consistent and responsive service across the organisation.
- Lead on the development and deployment of procedures to ensure the appropriate network access rights are granted, maintained and all staff permissions are clearly documented.
- Identify and review any risks for the organisation which emerge from IT related matters and ensure early communication and risk effective management solutions.
- Plan and manage software and hardware up-grades ensuring service disruption is minimised.
- Ensure that all staff are line managed effectively and receive effective induction and regular performance appraisal, and are supported in overcoming any issues affecting their performance.
- Create a climate where staff are supported, valued and are able to contribute ideas.
- Support staff to identify their continuing professional development needs and help to provide opportunities to address these needs.
- Effectively lead appropriate meetings within the Department.
What the IT Manager will bring to the team
- HND/HNC in an IT or related discipline.
- Microsoft qualifications (eg MCSE)
- Experience of working in a role running the management of a network infrastructure within a commercial or educational environment.
- Experience of designing, configuring and supporting complex networking systems and telecommunication systems.
- Experience of managing staff.
- Possesses a wide technical knowledge of hardware and software.
- Able to lead, organise, manage, deploy and motivate others and demonstrate managerial skills.
Up for the challenge?
If you think this vacancy sounds like you then please apply online or call Zoiya Saleem to discuss the role in confidence on 07458 163209
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team works with organisations across the UK to fulfil their recruitment needs and to achieve their D&I objectives. We recruit temporary, contract and permanent hires for 1 off specialist needs or for volume campaigns. We support our applicants to navigate the public sector recruitment processes and secure their dream jobs.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.