£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
9 months ago
IT Manager | Cardiff | Up to £55,000 | 2 Stage Interview Process
Yolk Recruitment are working with a global consulting organisation searching for an IT Manager to manage their UK based IT operations. The successful candidate will work closely with business leadership teams across a global group of offices, initially shadowing and reporting to the current IT Manager before taking on full responsibilities.
If successful you will be responsible for managing a team of 5 engineers including service desk & project engineering. In addition to day to day management you will be expected to provide hands on technical leadership on project work as well as acting as the point of failure for the team.
The current infrastructure environment is mostly Microsoft based & a hybrid mix of on-prem & cloud based (Azure) & current projects include an on going migration onto Azure as well as a planned adoption of Fortinet.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced IT Manager to shape the IT of a global organisation. The role is based in Cardiff & will be mostly office based.
- Oversee and lead the IT department of the UK Group, including a five-member team, to ensure the department can meet the IT needs of global group.
- Manage and mentor the IT team to foster their growth and enhance their professional development.
- Collaborate with other IT team members both globally and within the region to implement IT strategic plans.
- Provide regular updates to senior management in monthly meetings, including key performance indicators, project progress, and any IT-related business risks.
- Act as technical lead on project work & point of failure for 3rd / 4th line support.
- Information Technology / Information Systems related degree or equivalent experience.
- Extensive relevant IT working experience.
- Experience in a senior IT leadership / management role.
- Strong technical experience managing Windows focused infrastructure.
- Experience managing cloud migrations ideally Azure.
- Salary up to £55,000
- 25 Days holiday + bank holidays
- Private pension scheme
Got your attention?
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role - then please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions then please contact Ryan Harris at Yolk Recruitment.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.*
'Yolk Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Yolk Recruitment Limited is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.