£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
24 days ago
IT Network Engineer - Up to £45,000- Hybrid working (50-80% Office presence in Llantrisant)
Yolk Recruitment Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team has partnered with a large public sector organisation to recruit an IT Network Engineer to join their team to design, install, and own the connectivity of all virtual and physical computer and data/voice network systems across the organisations on-premise and cloud estates.
The organisation is an international company with a strong UK heritage. This role gives you the opportunity to work with an innovative company across various brands both business-to-business and business-to-consumer. The role itself covers the UK and international market and all the challenges and opportunities that entails.
What the IT Network Engineer will be doing
You will be responsible for the management, deployment, expansion, and documentation of firewalls, LAN and WAN (virtual and physical, cloud and on-premise), and other security and monitoring devices.
- Accountable for ensuring that all data and voice links are secure and functioning to anticipated levels, as well as complying with relevant standards. Owning corrective action where necessary.
- Commission and install network and communications devices, including upgrading of network IOS versions as required.
- Drive improvements on network design and its future development requirement ensuring that it meets current and future business requirements.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex performance, availability, and end-user issues as required.
What the successful IT Network Engineer will bring to the team
You will have the following skills:
- 2 years minimum experience working as a Network Engineer
- Working knowledge of CISCO, it would be beneficial if you have a CCNA accreditation
- Knowledge or experience of Palo Alto, firewalls, switching and routing.
Here's What You'll Get in Return
The successful IT Network Engineer will be rewarded with:
- Salary of up to £45,000
- 25 days Annual Leave + bank holidays
- Learning and development opportunities
- Hybrid working
Think this one's for you
If you think this IT Network Engineer opportunity is for you then apply online.
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team works with organisations across the UK to fulfil their recruitment needs and to achieve their D&I objectives. We recruit temporary, contract and permanent hires for 1 off specialist needs or for volume campaigns. We support our applicants to navigate the public sector recruitment processes and secure their dream jobs.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.