£33000.00 - £48000.00 per annum + 27.9% pension contribution
4 days ago
21 October 2022
Java Developer- Salary of up to £48,000 - 1 Stage interview
Yolk Recruitment Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team has partnered with a highly specialist civil service organisation. They are an award-winning employer, building brilliant services on cutting edge technology.
You'll join the digital team at a time of transformation, and you will be a part of shaping the future of the department. The organisation uses Agile methodologies and promote a culture of continuous improvement.
We are supporting them to recruit a Java Developer to join one of our 12 Agile Software Development teams.
What the Java Developer will be doing
As a Java Developer you will be able to demonstrate excellent software development, interpersonal and team-working skills.
- Designing efficient and maintainable solutions
- Contributing and adhering to our technical standards
- Mentoring software engineers in your team and the wider software development community
- Maximising the automated test coverage to help move to continuous delivery
- Ensuring code quality through code reviews
What the successful Java Developer will bring to the team
The ideal candidate will be someone who has a willingness to learn new skills across a range of technologies and play an active role in helping us grow our digital capability, skills, and culture.
- Previous Java Development experience in an agile software engineering environment (2 years minimum)
- Demonstratable coaching and mentoring experience
- Application of good working practices such as test-driven and behaviour-driven development (TDD/BDD), pair programming, version control/branching strategies, and application of design patterns
Here's What You'll Get in Return
- Salary of up to £48,000
- Pension scheme of 27.9%
- Annual leave of 30 days
- Flexible working hours
- Learning development opportunities
- Remote working
Think this one's for you
If you think this Java Developer opportunity is for you then apply online.
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team works with organisations across the UK to fulfil their recruitment needs and to achieve their D&I objectives. We recruit temporary, contract and permanent hires for 1 off specialist needs or for volume campaigns. We support our applicants to navigate the public sector recruitment processes and secure their dream jobs.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.