about 2 months ago
We at Yolk are delighted to have partnered with Funding Xchange, a London based Fintech now opening a new office in South Wales at the start of 2020 to house a team of talented engineers.
Funding Xchange have created a platform that give SME's access to funding through a panel of lenders from large banks to smaller finance provider and simplifies this process meaning that funding or advice of how to obtain this can be obtain in a matter of minutes. They are now embarking on a new chapter and expanding their offerings to support banks and lenders in transforming their digital journey, currently working with Monzo and MoneySuperMarket. As a result they are goring their team and looking for the best agile developers to join them on their mission.
What you will be doing
Working within an agile team you will be participating in the build of a bespoke cloud-based SaaS loan recommendation platform. You will be working with business stakeholders, internal users and SME customers to deliver this platform writing testable code and integrating SaaS and Open Source technologies.
We are looking for junior engineers to join a passionate team working on the design and implementation of new solutions whilst also improving current systems.
Ideally we are looking for someone with:
- 2 + years commercial Java development experience
- Solid understanding of Architectural Design patterns
- Experience/knowledge around Agile methodology
- A strong understanding of Object Orientated Programming
- Design and development of RESTful web services with Spring Boot and Microservices
- Building and using Continuous Integration (Maven and Gradle)
- Unit testing and Refactoring
- Version control (git)
- Linux, logging, monitoring
- Some AWS services including EC2, Lambda, RDS, ELB, SNS, SQS, S3, CloudWatch
Nice to have:
- Previous experience within a FinTech or Business Finance Sector
- Experience with DevOps Practices
- Agile and test-driven development (TDD)
- Terraform and/or Ansible
- Exposure to Struts & JSP’s
- A dynamic language (e.g. Python)
What you will get in return:
- Salary range £25-£35k
- Flexible working environment with the option for occasional remote.
- Central Cardiff offices
- Work alongside like minded experts
- Great opportunity for growth
- Experience working on greenfield projects alongside a highly skilled team of developers.
Yolk Recruitment is working in partnership with Funding Xchange on a retained basis for the recruitment of a number of key roles including this. If you wish to apply to this role please contact Sophie Skardon at Yolk Recruitment or simply apply to this advertisement via the methods outlined. Please note that Funding Xchange will not be accepting direct applications, and will direct you back to Yolk Recruitment. For an initial informal discussion then please contact Sophie Skardon on the phone number provided - 07407229657.