30 days ago
25 June 2021
Junior Legal Counsel (Solicitor)
2 – 4 PQE as a guide only
A rare opportunity for a junior Solicitor (2- 4 PQE as a guide) has arisen at an International business with a Global reach. Reporting into a Head of Legal and liaising with shareholders across multi offices, you will be immersed in a range of commercial work ranging from general commercial contracts, IP, disputes, data protection and risk management. More specifically you will:
• Provide advise to shareholders on commercial contracts. This will include branding, ecommerce, advertising, events, licencing and much more. This really is a broad role!
• Due diligence
• Drafting & negotiating commercial contracts, TOBs,
• Internal & external legal queries
• Advising on contractual issues, IP and rights issues, libel, litigation matters
• FCA Compliance
• Data and privacy matters
Whilst currently working remotely, this role will involve working directly with the Head of Legal and so the successful candidate will need to be able to attend the office at least 3 days per week, with 2 days working from home (if wanted).
The experience you’ll bring to the team
• A qualified Solicitor or Lawyer with experience in some of the above criteria
• Experience already working in house is desirable but private practise candidates will also be considered
• Experience in dealing with commercial contracts is essential
• Some knowledge of competition law is desired but not required
• A knowledge of IP would be advantageous, as would experience in data contracts
• Should be commercially aware and astute
• A personable individual who can deal with third parties and other professionals
• Excellent communication skills
• Able to work autonomously.
This is what you’ll get in return
• A higher than market average salary for this PQE range
• Job security working for an International businesses
• A supportive team, reporting into the Head of Legal
• Home working.
Are you up for the challenge?
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role - then please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions then please contact Sarah Castle at Yolk Recruitment on 02921673737.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.*