4 months ago
Junior PHP Developer
Up to £25k plus benefits, central Bristol
My client is looking for a Junior PHP developer to join their growing team in central Bristol. They specialise in complex website build, maintenance and development for clients ranging from start-ups to national institutions. Their website capabilities include online eTicketing, enrolment and administration systems, learning management systems and eCommerce – it’s not just about a pretty front-end but more about clever, complex back-end database solutions which help their clients manage and grow their businesses much more effectively through digital technology.
What you'll be doing:
- Writing elegant and well thought-out code.
- Basic Linux server maintenance.
- Creating front-end templates with accessibility and browser compatibility in mind.
- Design, code, debug & document your own PHP code by following the functional specification and standard practices.
- Investigate and rectify any operational problems with existing websites as required.
What you'll need:
- Semantic HTML + CSS (w3c validated)
- You must have a passion for coding!
It's also a bonus if you have experience of:
- SVN / GIT version control
- Linux server maintenance (LAMP stack)
- OOP PHP
- MVC based frameworks
- PHPUnit testing
- App development
- Any previous commercial experience
What you'll get in return:
- Salary up to £25,000
- Staff Pension
- 20 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Eligibility for private health care once you’ve successfully passed the three month probation period.