£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Junior Project Manager - Defence - Cyber focused Projects - up to £50k - DV Bonus - Personal Bonus - compressed working hours - Cheltenham
Active HIgh Level Security is needed
Yolk Recruitment are working with a leading defence organisation to find a Junior Project Manager to manage allocated small scale projects and/or work alongside a senior project manager on large scale project delivery. As a Junior Project Manager you will be working within the wider PMO team, in which we are striving to establish a centre of excellence improving our delivery through the adoption of best practice, evaluating and improving our ways of working to the benefit of our business and our customers.
This is an operational role, which requires an understanding of project management tools, and their application. Throughout the duration of this role you would be expected to gain and maintain a detailed understanding of the customer's domain in order to ensure the products we deliver meet the customer's requirements.
As a Junior Project Manager you will work independently across one or more delivery packages with support the PMO community and direction from Senior Project Managers, and Delivery Authority.
· Project Delivery
· Communication & governance control
· Stakeholder & Expectation Management
· Quality & performance management
· Project integration throughout its lifecycle
· Planning with scope, cost, schedule of the contract
· Reporting and Analysis of project metrics
· Internal & external stakeholder management & communication
· Experience of the Agile project management lifecycle
· Understanding of Risk & Issue management
· Understanding of delivery to the government sector
· Understanding of Contract mechanisms
· Exposure to working in a defence, government or similar environment