25,000 - 35,000
about 2 months ago
- Junior Systems Admin
- £25,000 - £35,000
Our Higher Education sector client are looking for a Junior System Administrator to support and further develop their Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) for research organisations across the UK and globally.
You will be working at the forefront of data research infrastructure, supporting leading researchers, working to understand diseases and discover ways to prevent, treat and cure them.
Key for the team will be your experience working with Linux OS, it would also be beneficial if you have skills in experience in some or all of the following areas:
- Manage Windows in an enterprise environment using automation tools such as Ansible, PowerShell , SCCM
- Experienced with management of the physical and virtualised environment (VMware)
- Archive and Disaster Recovery systems kno
- Experience of working with at least one of the following: DB2/MSSQL/MySQL/PostgreSQL/Hadoop
- Provide technical support and helpdesk management for expert users as and when required.
- Management of the system configuration
- Experience of developing and management of cloud based services in AWS or Azure. Using OpenStack, Kubernetes or a suitable alternative.
How to Apply
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role – then please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions then please contact Steve Shuttlewood at Yolk Recruitment.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying – then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.*