£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
18 days ago
Laboratory Manager (FTC 12 Months)
c£30,000 - £35,000
Monday - Friday, Days
Join a team as a Laboratory Manager at a leading company in the beverages industry, located in beautiful West Wales. At Yolk, we are excited to support this recruitment campaign for a client who are experiencing a huge amount of growth. As the Laboratory Manager, you will play a vital role in ensuring product and process conformance to the highest standards. If you are passionate about quality, technical expertise, and driving improvements, this is the opportunity for you.
This is what you'll be doing:
- Take direct management responsibility for the laboratory and a team of two laboratory technicians.
- Set the direction and manage the factory laboratory function to ensure a reliable service to the business. Be the go-to person for lab issues and collaborate with external stakeholders.
- Develop and nurture the laboratory staff, overseeing recruitment and personal development plans. Ensure the knowledge and competence of all laboratory staff are in line with the required standards.
- Establish and implement the Internal Compliance Plan for the lab, ensuring adherence to site QMS and Nestle requirements.
- Monitor and manage quality-related issues in Water Treatment & CIP management, including microbiological and sensory concerns.
- Define, document, and enforce GMP and hygienic standards throughout the factory, addressing any audit gaps.
- Drive continuous improvement by managing and enhancing the factory hygiene and GMP auditing program.
- Maintain pest control programs according to Nestlé standards and act as the IPM Champion.
- Oversee factory cleaning and hygiene programs, including employee facilities and contracted cleaning resources.
- Play a crucial role as the Quality expert in the site's Legionella Management Programme.
- Provide expert knowledge and support to operational teams, as well as contribute to project work.
- Conduct quality and hygiene training sessions as required, ensuring all staff are adequately trained.
- Ensure 7-day laboratory operation by maintaining personal knowledge and competence, performing laboratory analysis as per factory requirements.
The experience you'll bring to the team:
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with managers and employees, providing guidance and direction.
- Self-motivated with a consistent energy and enthusiasm for the job.
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to work independently.
- Sound judgement and decision-making skills.
- Strong resource planning and prioritization capabilities.
- A positive "can-do" attitude that encourages and supports the team.
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this Laboratory Manager role apply now by sending your CV or calling me directly on 07458163362.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.