City of Newport
18 days ago
06 August 2021
Laboratory (Organic Chemistry) Team Leader
An excellent career opportunity exists for a Laboratory Team Leader to join an organisation that is based on trust, openness, respect, commitment and honesty. A company that colleagues are proud to work for.
What you’ll be doing as a Laboratory Team Leader
What you’ll be responsible for as a Laboratory Team Leader
· Monitor water quality for the purpose of protecting public health
· Ensure that the company’s statutory and regulatory responsibilities with regard to drinking water quality are met and regulatory risk to the business is managed effectively
· Supervise a team of Analysts and /or Technicians within the Chemistry Department in support of the Department Manager (coaching, mentoring and training)
· Wet chemistry
What the successful Laboratory Team Leader will bring to the team
· Previous relevant experience working within an ISO 17025 accredited laboratory
· Technical background, qualified to degree level (preference will be given to a scientific degree) - equivalent relevant experience may be considered as an alternative to formal qualifications
· Good understanding and experience of computer packages including Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS)
· Knowledge of the Potable Water Industry
· Membership of a professional body, ideally at chartered status (desirable)
Think this one’s for you
If you think this Laboratory Team Leader role is for you then apply online to Nikki Fisher at Yolk Recruitment
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team works with organisations across the UK to fulfil their recruitment needs and to achieve their D&I objectives. We recruit temporary, contract and permanent hires for 1 off specialist needs or for volume campaigns. We support our applicants to navigate the public sector recruitment processes and secure their dream jobs.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.