Newcastle upon Tyne
£38000 - £45000 per annum
24 days ago
21 October 2021
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit is working with a large organisation provide a range of critical central services to NHS organisations, NHS contractors, patients and the public to support them to recruit a Digital Lead Developer, providing expert knowledge in a leading role with specialist skills specifically within the development software development and associated IT skills and disciplines (underpinned by theory) to actively design, develop implement and enable on-going support of new and existing services
What you’ll be doing as a Lead Java Developer
· Evaluating, analysing, and interpreting highly complex information and requirements to inform development of applications and services, providing options to support a range of solutions.
· Communicating with other IT professionals to provide detailed and highly complex information in easy to understand formats.
· Applying specialist knowledge, defining and applying appropriate methods and procedures throughout the full development lifecycle in accordance with IT standards and customer requirements.
· Designing, developing and delivering systems and services that provide value based features and benefits for new and existing services.
· Redesigning, re-factoring and innovatively delivering modernisation of existing services, in a creative and timely manner.
· Provide specialist advice and guidance for resolving complex issues that affect bespoke services, third-party applications and configurable of the shelf products (CoTS) and services, to support swift resolution of problems and major incidents.
· Using incident, problem, request and change management processes and systems to support the successful implementation of system enhancements and fault resolutions, in a timely manner.
· Implementing standards and policies, pro-actively identifying and proposing improvements or enhancements to meet changing needs.
· Proactively engaging in conversations to support the on-going development and maintenance of your own skills and knowledge, including attending relevant Communities of Practice.
· Communicating complex information effectively across a wide range of people and levels of understanding, including both technical and non-technical audiences, to influence, negotiate and secure value based outcomes for the delivery of services.
· Planning work of own and other team members to achieve agreed objectives, prioritising multiple and sometimes conflicting deliverables, escalating as appropriate, any issues which may impact deadlines.
· Leading, participating and contributing to quality assurance reviews of your and others work through a variety of approaches such as peer review, learning logs, and engaging in appropriate communities of practice.
· Regularly horizon scans to keep abreast of new and emerging technologies and standards to support innovative and creative delivery of business objectives.
· Undertake and support relevant recruitment and selection in line with organisational processes.
· Train, mentor, and coach other team members, and apprentices to enable the on-going personal development and growth of skills within the team.
What the successful Lead Java Developer will bring to the team
Extensive knowledge of
· Software development lifecycle, including but not limited to developing code based applications, quality assurance and test processes, and supporting in a 2nd/3rd line environment.
· One or more of the following frameworks:
o Waterfall Process
Here’s what the Lead Java Developer will receive in return:
- Starting salary of £38 000 - £45 000 (negotiable)
- excellent paid holiday entitlement,
- entry to the NHS pension scheme and other employee benefits.
- Most importantly, career progression and excellent training opportunities,
If you think this Lead Java Developer role is for you then apply online to Nikki Fisher at Yolk Recruitment
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team works with organisations across the UK to fulfil their recruitment needs and to achieve their D&I objectives. We recruit temporary, contract and permanent hires for 1 off specialist needs or for volume campaigns. We support our applicants to navigate the public sector recruitment processes and secure their dream jobs