Up to £85000.00 per annum
9 days ago
12 October 2023
Lead Machine Learning Engineer *SC Clearance eligible - Up to £85,000 per annum / London or Cheltenham (Hybrid)
Yolk Recruitment is working with a global defence company looking to expand its UK operations. It's an exciting time to join a new, developing part of this organisation focusing on Data and in particular Machine Learning and it's wider applications. You'll be joining at a stage where their Machine Learning offering is growing so you'll work across Data Engineering and Data Science as it develops.
Due to the nature of work candidates will need to be sole national and currently hold or be eligible for Security Clearance.
If successful you will have the opportunity to work on varied projects and join at a point of transformation and a key stage in the development of their Machine Learning projects and future plans.
You'll have experience in:
- Broad understanding of various ML tools and knowing which are most applicable.
- Working across Big and Small Data (Pandas, NIFI, Spark etc.)
- Productionisation/Optimisation of ML Models using frameworks such as PyTorch.
- OnPrem and Cloud background, AWS is preferred.
- Deploying into cloud environments using SageMaker, ECS/2.
- Being a Lead/Mentor/Coach to various levels of Engineer.
- Experience in the Defence industry would be beneficial but we will consider candidates from outside this space as long as they would be eligible for clearance (see above).
- Strong Data Engineering background.
- Software Development experience using Python.
And this is what you'll get in return:
- Salary up to £85,000
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced pension scheme (Up to 8% employer contributions)
- Annual bonus
- 25 days holiday (bank holidays on top)
- Remote & flexible working options
Are you up to the challenge?
Contact Lewis Allen to find out more!
Please apply with a CV and a cover letter outlining why you're perfect for the role. We also have a referral scheme so if you know of someone who would be great for the role please get in touch.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.