£43000 - £46000 per annum + Pension Scheme up to 27.9%
26 days ago
01 December 2022
Lead Security Analyst - up to £46,000 - Hybrid (2 Days in office per week)
This role will require DV clearance so the candidate will have to have lived in the UK for 24 consecutive months or be a British national.
Yolk Recruitment Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team has partnered with a highly specialist civil service organisation. They work on projects that are unique in nature and offer specific challenges.
We are supporting them to recruit their Lead Security Analyst to be a part of their dedicated Security Operations Centre Team using fortiSIEM to monitor and respond to incidents, and continuously improve their security procedures. The role will also involve a level of mentoring the Junior Analysts in the team.
What the Lead Security Analyst will be doing
The Lead Security Analyst will be responsible for the instant response to any security alerts, incident logging and improving the monitoring and security procedures going forward. They will use their experience and in-depth knowledge of cyber-attack methods and techniques to lead the Security Operations Centre in both On-Site and Multi-Cloud deployments.
* Using fortiSIEM to monitor, assess and respond to security threats with accurate event logging and reporting
* Develop CSOC processes, procedures, and playbooks to improve the CSOC operational effectiveness and efficiency
* Mentor and guide junior developers in responses to unique situations they may not have come across before through a line management capacity
* Ensure proper monitoring and response plans are in place to enable the timely and effective response to, and management of, incidents, alarms, notifications, calls, and other activities related to the CSOC and new cyber threats
* Consulting on company security policy- suggesting updates and improvements
Supporting the wider team with incidents, portal tickets and change requests.
What the successful Senior Software Engineer will bring to the team
The successful Lead Security Analyst will have previous experience in a Security Analyst role, ideally having lead experience in a Cyber Security Operations Centre (CSOC) role. The role will require DV clearance so the candidate will have to have lived in the UK for 24 consecutive months or be a British national.
* Excellent knowledge of cybersecurity technologies and trends and how to implement strategy
* Accurate knowledge of the cyber threat landscape, adversary methodologies and cyber defence strategies
* Previous experience working in a lead role in one of the following security areas: CSOC Analyst, Malware Researcher or Threat Analyst
* Expert understanding of SIEM tooling, EDR, and additional security analytics
* Solid knowledge of various information security frameworks e.g. the MITRE Attack Framework
* Advanced understanding and demonstrable experience of network architecture, IT infrastructure, applications, and systems. Including an understanding of cloud services such as Azure and AWS.
* Proven experience in integrating cyber threat intelligence into the CSOC process.
* British national status or lived in the UK for 24 consecutive months
Here's What You'll Get in Return
* Salary of up to £46,000
* Pension scheme up to 27.9%
* 26.5 days annual leave per year, increasing to 31.5 days after 5 years' service
* Minimum of 5 days learning and development to each employee per year
* Professional membership subscriptions, mentoring, and sector specific learning available to all
* Hybrid working - 2 days in office per week
* Flexible working hours scheme with up to two days per month Flexi leave, paid special leave, career breaks, and unpaid leave
Think this one's for you
If you think this Lead Security Analyst opportunity is for you then please apply online.
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team works with organisations across the UK to fulfil their recruitment needs and to achieve their D&I objectives. We recruit temporary, contract and permanent hires for 1 off specialist needs or for volume campaigns. We support our applicants to navigate the public sector recruitment processes and secure their dream jobs.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.