Lead Technical Engineer (.Net)
£55467.00 - £64472.00 per annum + 27.9% pension contribution
28 days ago
Technical Software Engineer (.NET) - up to £64,000- Hybrid/Remote (Flexible working)
Yolk Recruitment Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team has partnered with a unique civil service organisation. The organisation has a highly specific area of focus that leads to very exciting roles.
We are supporting them to recruit their Technical Software Engineer for .NET. This role is ideal for anyone with keen knowledge of .NET core /.NET Framework as you will become the UKHO internal SME for .NET. This will involve working in an Agile environment to deliver continuous improvement.
Please note this is a SC Cleared role, requiring you to have lived in the UK for 12 consecutive months within the past 5 years and does not offer sponsorship.
What the Technical Software Engineer will be doing
You will be owning and developing the .NET capabilities of the organisation - you will become the Subject Matter Expert for .NET technologies in the organisation - becoming one of many who each champion a different technology.
- Become the .NET Subject Matter Expert
- Using a CI/CD pipeline to design, code, and test the services and applications.
- Developing these solutions using C#
- Using Azure, AWS, Terraform etc to deploy these solutions to the cloud
- Driving the team's continuous delivery using automation
- Identifying good practices to be adopted by the company through collaboration and experience sharing
What the successful Technical Software Engineer will bring to the team
You will need to have strong broad experience of web development using C# and related technologies as well as specifically deep expertise in .Net.
- Experience actively contributing to an Agile Workflow Environment
- Ability to participate in pair programming and unit testing
- Good communication skills to facilitate collaborative working
- Understanding of how to implement .NET functionality business wide
- The ability to monitor and guide junior staff.
Here's What You'll Get in Return
- Salary of up to £64,000
- Pension scheme up to 27.9%
- 26.5 days annual leave per year, increasing to 31.5 days after 5 years service
- Minimum of 5 days learning and development to each employee per year
- Professional membership subscriptions, mentoring, and sector specific learning available to all
- Hybrid/Remote working
- Flexible working hours scheme with up to two days per month Flexi leave, paid special leave, career breaks, and unpaid leave
Think this one's for you
If you think this Technical Software Engineer opportunity is for you then please apply online.
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team works with organisations across the UK to fulfil their recruitment needs and to achieve their D&I objectives. We recruit temporary, contract and permanent hires for 1 off specialist needs or for volume campaigns. We support our applicants to navigate the public sector recruitment processes and secure their dream jobs.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.