£20000.00 - £23000.00 per annum
24 days ago
10 June 2023
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Legal Assistant to join our clients busy Court of Protection team in Swansea. As a Legal Assistant, you will manage a caseload of private deputyship applications and provide support to professional deputies in managing clients property and financial affairs. This role is an excellent opportunity for an individual looking to gain invaluable experience in the legal sector and develop their career.
What you will be doing in this role:
As a Legal Assistant, you will be responsible for a range of tasks, including:
- Managing a caseload of private deputyship applications
- Preparing and submitting applications to the Court of Protection (with supervision)
- Liaising with third parties, such as social workers and medical professionals
- Obtaining relevant evidence and documentation in support of applications
- Providing appropriate advice and guidance to clients
The experience you need for this role:
The successful candidate should have:
- Completed their LPC or SQE 1&2 OR at least one year's experience in Court of Protection work/experience in making court applications
- Excellent time management, administration and organisation skills
- An understanding of the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and the OPG Deputy Standards would be preferred, but this is not essential as full training can be provided
- Competent in drafting legal documents
- The ability to handle a busy and varying workload
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish good working relations
- The ability to work at a professional level
- A commitment to team goals and personal development
Benefits of working at this company:
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- Private medical insurance and health cash plan
- Employer pension contribution of 4%
- Cycle to work scheme
- Internal training and career development opportunities
If you are interested in applying or know someone who'd be a great fit for the role, get in touch with Nicole Smith today.
Are you interested in this position?
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.