29 days ago
22 February 2019
Litigation and Disputes Solicitor
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Litigator to join a highly reputable law firm with a large office in Cardiff City Centre, within their thriving litigation department. This firm is rated as tier one in legal 500 and Chambers with their Partners also ranked Tier 1. The quality of work is second to none and the successful applicant will be working alongside experienced lawyers and market leaders dealing with a wide range of litigation matters to include banking litigation, regulatory investigations, some landlord and tenant work and white collar crime/fraud. The work is complex, high value and you will also get to work on high profile cases. If you are looking to further your legal career and gain exceptional experience this is the perfect opportunity for you.
This is what you’ll be doing
- To manage a varied and interesting caseload of litigation matters as above
- To work on large cross office projects, mainly with their London office
- To provide strategic and commercial advice to clients
- Ability to analyse complex factual situations and distil the key issues clearly and concisely and persuade others through logical reasoning
- You will provide a first rate client service both internally and externally
- To engage in marketing activities where applicable
There’s also some must haves
- Qualified Lawyer / Solicitor (PQE between NQ and 7 years)
- Someone technically sound and analytical
- Someone who is able to demonstrate how they have analysed a legal problem
- Someone who understands the tort of negligence and can explain how a breach of contract works
- Excellent academics (2:1+ at degree level)
- Experienced in litigation
- Commercially aware
- Ability to work as part of a team and autonomously
- A focus on client care
- A clean driving licence
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for this role please get in touch at your earliest convenience on 02921 673713 or email@example.com.
Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying – then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.
If this role is not suitable for you at this time, but you know of a friend/colleague who would be interested, please put them in touch as we offer referral vouchers for all candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions then please contact Alexandra Joseph at Yolk Recruitment on 02921 673713.