£24000 - £26000 per annum
5 months ago
Legal Secretary - Litigation
Devizes, Wiltshire - Award Winning Local Law Firm - Competitive Salary
Yolk Legal is thrilled to be working alongside an award-winning law firm with an established presence. Recognised for their innovative approach to the legal industry and outstanding customer service, having received the Law Society's Excellence Award for Innovation and two awards for excellent customer service. With five offices across the South West of England they serve clients across the country.
This firm offers a comprehensive range of first-class legal services for individuals, families, and businesses. At the core of their mission is excellent client service, and they strive to exceed expectations by being dynamic, inspiring, and proactive. They have a fantastic team of dedicated and committed individuals who work towards providing top-notch legal services.
Yolk Legal is delighted to be collaborating with this outstanding law firm as they seek to recruit a Legal Secretary into their vibrant Litigation Department. Crucial to the role is being an engaging individual within the team and present a positive image of the firm to clients, building and developing strong working relationships continuing this firm's expectations of its staff to make this an inspiring and successful place to work.
This is what you'll be doing
You will be providing the Litigation department with high quality administrative support and secretarial services.
As a Litigation Legal Secretary your duties will include handling all administrative duties relating to client cases and secretarial requirements, including:
- Managing the Fee Earner's diary
- Preparing files for billing
- Preparing straightforward legal documents
- Dealing with initial client enquiries
- Typing of correspondence, photocopying, filing, scanning, and opening new files
- Sorting and prioritising mail, emails, and messages
- Organising electronic files within our case management systems
- Dealing with client's matters where appropriate
- Supporting in all areas of work where appropriate
You will providing a reliable and efficient service to clients, presenting a professional and friendly service to clients. You will have the ability to empathise with clients who may be going through a difficult process.
You will be expected to demonstrate a commitment to the LEXCEL & Investors in People standards, the requirements of the Law Society, and understanding them.
You will be familiar with the basic requirements of the Solicitors Accounts Rules, which affect the receipt and payment into the bank of cheques and the accounting of client's monies.
This is what you'll bring to the Team
This role will suit career Legal Secretary candidates with prior experience within a Legal Assistant or Administrative role.
The following skills are essential to being a successful Litigation Legal Secretary within the team:-
- Ability to remain calm, polite, and focused when dealing with various situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to produce high-quality work under pressure
- Demonstrated flexibility in approach
- Excellent IT skills, including proficiency in Microsoft packages
- Ability to work mainly electronically, with paper-lite files, and minimise paper and printing usage.
The following qualifications are desirable:-
- Legal Secretary Level 2 Certificate/Diploma
- Legal Secretary experience
- Experience of Investors in People and LEXCEL accreditation
This is what you'll get in return
The Litigation Legal Secretary role will provide you with the following employee benefits:-
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Bonus scheme based.
- Agile working policy to work from home at management's discretion.
- Staff parking.
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
- Birthday annual leave.
- Medi Cash private medical care.
- Generous Pension scheme.
- Social events are a regular in this family friendly environment.
Are you interested in this position?
If you are looking to pursue the next step in your career with a highly regarded law firm, we encourage you to apply by contacting Oliver Coodye on 07458 142 713 or alternatively send your CV
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.