Live Build Technician
£24.40 - £27.62 per hour
11 days ago
LIVE BUILD MANUFACTURING TECHNICIAN - INSIDE IR35 - £27.62 PER HOUR - 6/12 MONTHS - SC CLEARED OR WILLING TO UNDERGO - BEDFORDSHIRE - MUST HAVE APPRENTICESHIP QUALIFICATION
Yolk Recruitment are recruiting for a Live Build Manufacturing Technician to join the team on a 6 to 12 month deal with our defence client from their base in Henlow, Bedfordshire.
The Live Build Manufacturing Technician will be responsible for carrying out manufacturing, test and inspection tasks within the Live Build Facility, in accordance with product certification procedures, allocated budgets and timescales to meet project objectives.
- Specific responsibilities include:
- Certify the product in line with the product certification procedure.
- Maintain product certification and approval via regular audits.
- Possess a versatile skill base with the capability to apply these skills across a range of tasks.
- Be fully conversant with all equipment, tools and measuring instruments associated with the manufacturing cycle.
- Ensure manufacturing build, inspection and where relevant, test times are met.
- Check and complete all paperwork associated with the manufacturing data pack.
- Maintain to the highest level, workmanship standards and product quality.
- Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process.
- Maintain a safe working environment.
- Maintain a good housekeeping policy.
- Communicate best practice to other team members.
- The Manufacturing Technician will typically be capable of certifying the product and possess a versatile skill base, with a capability to apply their skills, across a range of tasks utilising equipment and tools, gauges and measuring instruments associated with the production, repair and modification of company products to meet defined build standards and specification requirements.
- Instructions associated with the task to be carried out would normally be documented by Engineering and take the form of Layouts, Schedules and Test Specifications. Equally these requirements may also take the form of a limited documentation set.
- Formal technical engineering/craft apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21/ONC. Experience in a Manufacturing / Craftsman position. ESD training. Live Build training (will be provided).