21 days ago
15 June 2023
Yolk recruitment are working with a leading food production company, is seeking a dynamic and skilled Maintenance Engineer to join their team in Avonmouth. As a Maintenance Engineer, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the highest standards of engineering support across the site. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining and improving engineering activities and standards, collaborating with various functions, and leading by example.
- Promote and enforce a culture of health and safety excellence, adhering to policies, and maintaining high standards of general controls and housekeeping.
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety Policies and Procedures, both for employees and contractors.
- Manage and resolve factory breakdowns promptly, either through internal resources or by coordinating external engineering providers.
- Maintain and optimize the performance of the site's semi-automatic slicer fleet, focusing on waste reduction, safety, and quality.
- Develop expertise in all site equipment and provide technical backup and advice to production departments.
- Assist in planned preventative maintenance, ensuring efficient performance of all engineering plant within budget constraints.
- Respond swiftly to site job requests from the Site Director and wider team, completing tasks with agility and clear communication.
- Control contractors and issue permits to work documentation.
- Record and manage materials, parts usage, and labour hours accurately.
- Uphold high levels of housekeeping and hygiene in the engineering stores and workshop.
- Strive for excellence in machine performance and finished goods packaging standards.
- Manage spare parts inventory, provide feedback to Finance, and track their valuation.
- Demonstrate flexibility with working hours to meet site demands and collaborate effectively with the site teams, including night shifts.
- Collaborate with the Engineering Manager to manage and maintain a reliable supplier base that meets the required standards.
- 2 shift patter (6.00 - 14.00 / 14.00 - 22.00)
Qualifications and Skills:
- Multi-skilled engineer with a strong electrical bias.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a food production environment.
- Possession of Food Safety Level 3 Hygiene Certificate.
- IOSH Certificate.
- Experience with automation and PLC systems.
- Familiarity with BRC standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Lead by example and inspire others.
- Highly motivated with a focus on achievable goals.
- Committed and available as part of the senior management team.
- Professional and proactive work ethic.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Strong attention to detail when assessing machinery, performance, and factory operations.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Dedication to continuous performance improvement.
- Collaborative mindset, fostering teamwork and achieving key deliverables.
If you are a skilled and motivated Maintenance Engineer with experience in the food production industry, the Client offers a competitive salary, opportunities for professional growth, and a supportive work environment.
To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and qualifications.