£37000 - £40000 per annum
7 days ago
18 October 2023
Multi Skilled Engineer
About the Role:
Yolk Recruitment is proud to represent our client, a leader in the food manufacturing industry, in their search for a dedicated and skilled Multi Skilled Engineer. This exciting opportunity is based at the Feed Mill in Allensmore, Hereford, and our client is known for their innovative approach to manufacturing. They are seeking a highly competent and motivated engineer with at least a Level 3 qualification in Engineering and, preferably, IEE 17th or 18th Edition.
Purpose of the role:
As a Multi Skilled Engineer at our client's established manufacturer, you will play a vital role in optimizing machinery output, ensuring product quality, minimizing plant downtime, and maintaining a safe and healthy environment. You will also promote good engineering practices. This role is based in a fast-paced, dynamic feed manufacturing environment that can be noisy and dusty in some areas, with a focus on manufacturing animal feeds where hygiene standards are critical. The position is predominantly factory-based.
Key Responsibilities as a Multi Skilled Engineer:
- Perform Planned Preventative Maintenance and Breakdown/Reactive Maintenance of Plant and Equipment.
- Ensure that engineering maintenance is conducted in line with the current schedule and that effective and efficient corrective action is taken.
- Respond quickly and effectively to breakdowns, identifying root causes and suggesting possible improvements to prevent further breakdowns.
- Communicate unscheduled breakdowns to management and work with the operations department to minimize plant disruption.
- Record and identify spare parts used through CMMS and report to the Engineering Manager.
- Follow good engineering standards and maintain good hygiene practices across the entire site.
- Ensure maintenance and engineering practices comply with audits.
- Adhere to company and legislative health and safety and environmental guidelines, reporting any issues.
- Ensure compliance through regular process weigher and liquid meter calibrations (Weights and Measures Act).
- Proficiently handle engineering operations in hazardous environments (Confined Space Entry, Hot working in confined spaces, Hot working, WAH).
- Participate in mechanical projects and installations such as elevators, conveyors, machine installs, and machine refurbishments.
- Participate in electrical projects and installations, including panel manufacture and installation, PLC upgrades, PAT testing, and thermographic surveying.
- Efficiently operate effluent plant systems to ensure environmental compliance.
- Understand the operations of fire suppression systems, including Fire Trace, Sprinkler system, and Hydrant system.
- Demonstrate an understanding of environmental impacts, including DSEAR, dust controls, and explosion mitigation.
What our client is looking for:
- Completion of a time-served Multi-skilled Apprenticeship in a relevant engineering discipline.
- A proactive and dynamic approach to safety.
- Strong diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work under pressure with high attention to detail.
- Flexibility, a positive attitude, and the ability to work effectively within a small team.
- Experience in food manufacturing is desirable.
- IEE 17th or 18th Edition certification is desirable.
- PLC experience is desirable.
- Pneumatic and Hydraulic experience is desirable.
- Boiler Operator Accreditation Scheme (BOAS) certification is desirable.
Hours of Work:
- Rotating shifts between 18:00 - 06:00 and 06:00 - 18:00
- This averages to 3.5 days per week, with an annualized average of 42 hours per week
A little about our client:
Our client, is one of the UK's largest food businesses, supplying chicken and turkey to the nation's most popular supermarkets and restaurants. They are a fully integrated business controlling the entire product supply chain, including feed mills, farms, hatcheries, and factories, along with associated transport and logistics functions, employing more than 7,000 people. They achieve this through investments in their people, cutting-edge technology, and an unwavering commitment to high-quality food standards.
What's in it for you?
As a Multi Skilled Engineer, you will enjoy a secure, supportive, and progressive working environment where your contributions and achievements will be recognized and rewarded. Our client offers comprehensive training and continuous development opportunities as you advance your career with them. Additionally, you can look forward to benefits that include:
- 5.6 Weeks Holiday - increasing with service
- Pension Contribution - up to 3% matched
- Life Assurance
- Various lifestyle benefits, including wellbeing resources
- Car Parking Available
- *Bonus after 13 weeks and 26 weeks.
- *Terms and Conditions Apply
If you are ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today!
Our client is committed to being an equal opportunities employer.
Are you up to the challenge?
Are you what we're looking for? Please get in touch today with engineering specialist recruiter Joshua Hallett.
Please apply with a CV and feel free to include a cover letter outlining why you're perfect for the role. We also have a referral scheme so if you know of someone who would be great for the role please get in touch.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.