Maintenance Engineer- Process
Up to £45800.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Yolk Recruitment is on the hunt for a talented Multiskilled Maintenance Engineer to join our clients team in the southwest area. Our client is a leading European manufacturer with a turnover of over 2.5 billion Euros. They have a strong presence in the UK and are a major supplier of ambient fruit-based conserves and chilled yogurts and desserts. In 2008, our client acquired a site in Somerset and heavily invested in new, state-of-the-art production lines, which are unique in the market.
The company has experienced rapid growth, becoming one of the top top 150 UK food and drink business' in 2020. This growth has been driven across both the preserves and desserts categories through the success of their internationally famous brand as well as an extensive private label activity. The products are either imported or produced in the dedicated manufacturing site in the Southwest of England. There is an ambitious investment plan for the coming years, and our client is committed to innovation, quality, and consumer satisfaction.
- Ensure that the processing plant is available and running at optimum levels at all times
- Ensure that the product produced is of the highest standard by not compromising the process plant with short-term fixes
- Ensure that there is an uninterrupted supply (unless planned) of steam, air, water, and electricity to the site and that they are used efficiently
- Use continuous improvement techniques and best practice to improve machine efficiencies
- Deliver and develop effective reactive maintenance, repairs & improvements
- Use of and feedback on, appropriate spares required
- Provide correct and effective communication to all 'Stakeholders'
- Generate and complete work orders on the CMMS
- Participate in shift hand-overs and production meetings
- Help develop and implement effective PM schedules
- Support and achieve the engineering KPI's
Experience & Skills:
- Electrically bias preferable
- Multi-skilled automation skills on process equipment or equivalent
- Excellent fault finding and root cause analysis skills
- Experience of working in a FMCG environment
- Comfortable in autonomous decision making and team working
- company pension with a 6% employer contribution (Salary exchange)
- 18 days holiday + Bank holidays
- company sick pay
- 4 x Death in Service
- long-service recognition, and wellbeing initiatives such as free flu jabs, free eye tests, and a £90 contribution to prescription lenses.
Are you up to the challenge?
Are you what we are looking for? Please get in touch today with engineering specialist recruiter, Rhys Cogan.
Please apply with a CV and feel free to include a cover letter outlining why you are perfect for the role. We also have a referral scheme so if you know of someone who would be great for the role please get in touch.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.