over 1 year ago
Are you a Maintenance Engineer or Maintenance Technician with experience within a fast moving manufacturing environment? Are you currently looking for a job with a growing business that can offer excellent benefits and stability? If yes, then please read on for more information on an exciting opportunity to undertake a days based maintenance role for a fantastic employer based in South Wales.
This is what you’ll be doing
You’ll be reporting into the Maintenance Manager, ensuring smooth operation of the factory by undertaking both preventative and reactive maintenance duties over a 3 shift, weekly rotating pattern. With a focus on Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), with the goal of a reduction of downtime due to equipment failure, ensuring machine uptime and improvements are enabling effective performance, and subsequently increasing quality & performance.
- Investigate and resolve mechanical and electrical faults on plant and machinery.
- Work to planned preventative maintenance schedule.
- Complete elements of commissioning on plant and equipment.
- Ensure that ‘general’ building/facilities maintenance is carried out.
- Work with sub-contractors to improve working knowledge of plant and equipment.
- Support the introduction of new machinery and products.
- Work closely with other internal departments.
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- A time-served engineer/technician with at least 4 years’ experience of working within a manufacturing environment.
- You will ideally be multi-skilled, with the ability to fault-find and repair both mechanical and electrical fields. Or you will be an expert in either electrical or mechanical maintenance.
- You’ll be both versatile and flexible with regards to pro-active & re-active maintenance duties.
- Press tool and maintenance repair experience is highly desirable.
- The ability to operate workshop equipment (i.e. milling machine, surface grinder) is highly advantageous.
- Ability to work on own initiative is essential.
- Methodical attitude and an excellent eye for detail.
And this is what you’ll get in return
A salary of circa £30,000 - £38,000 (DOE)
Including 25 days annual leave, plus 8 bank holidays (total of 33 days holiday).
You’ll be joining a business currently experiencing significant growth, which also offer fantastic progression opportunities.
Are you up to the challenge?
Are you what we’re looking for? Please get in touch today with engineering specialist recruiter, Richard Pearson on either firstname.lastname@example.org or 02921 673 742.
Please apply with a CV and feel free to include a cover letter outlining why you’re perfect for the role. We also have a referral scheme so if you know of someone who would be great for the role please get in touch.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.