12 months ago
Are you a Maintenance Manager with experience within an automotive manufacturing environment? Or a Maintenance Manager who possesses experience of working with a FMCG environment? If yes, then please read on for more information on an exciting opportunity to undertake a Site Maintenance Manager role for a fast growing automotive business based in Swansea.
This is what you’ll be doing
You’ll be reporting into the Production Manager, being responsible for the overall maintenance operations on site. The successful applicant will ensure that the maintenance team perform the right maintenance, at the right time based on real data, whilst looking to minimise machinery downtime impact. Duties include:
- Development of maintenance team, in terms of skills, processes & procedures.
- Ensuring that all preventative and predictive maintenance is conducted, and internal processes/procedures are followed
- Coach and mentor the onsite apprenticeship program.
- Analyse operational data and equipment performance history to deliver improvements in critical maintenance related metrics and KPI’s.
- Drive problem solving, identifying key issues and developing effective solutions.
- Managing the workload & capacity of the team.
- Drive continuous improvement activities to support OEE, IPPM, scrap, downtime and other lean manufacturing metrics.
- Participate in and support efficiency improvement kaizen activities for the site, as well as the network when needed.
- Develop CAPEX planning to support strategic plan and continuous improvement initiatives.
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- A relevant Engineering Degree, or HNC/HND qualification.
- Demonstrable experience of managing a maintenance function within a large, fast moving facility. Ideally within a highly regulated automotive environment.
- IOSH certification.
- Experience of executing the Toyota Production System in a manufacturing facility, in addition skills and experience with: Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement, Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing.
- Knowledge and experience of utilising a CMMS, or other maintenance planning software.
- Strong leadership and compelling influencing skills.
- Methodical attitude and an excellent eye for detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to lead cross-functional teams.
And this is what you’ll get in return
A base salary of circa £40,000 to £45,000 + Benefits.
Including 25 days annual leave, plus 8 bank holidays (total of 33 days holiday).
You’ll be joining a business currently experiencing significant growth, which also offer fantastic progression opportunities.
Are you up to the challenge?
Are you what we’re looking for? Please get in touch today with engineering specialist recruiter, Richard Pearson on either email@example.com or 02921 673 742.
Please apply with a CV and feel free to include a cover letter outlining why you’re perfect for the role. We also have a referral scheme so if you know of someone who would be great for the role please get in touch.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.